When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

group buy for 1680 'chocolate brown' dial?

yodaddynukka

hi all,

after seeing poloxpete's awesome 1680 with the chocolate brown dial, i contacted ndt from ebay to see if they would do a GB for the dials. the original price for the dial is 500usd, but they said they would do it for 420usd. i would like to offer them 400usd. if anyone is interested please reply to this thread so i can gauge interest. if there is enough interest, i will make an offer of 400usd (they have 7 brown dials available).

they also have black dials for cheaper (350usd but we can prolly negotiate to 270usd) if anyone is interested in those.

i am on my phone typing this, so if u want to see pics and the link to ndt's ebay page please go to polexpete's thread. thank you all.

ps- i am not affiliated with ndt and all payment will go directly to ndt.

Nice idea but you might want to try a group buy from the source at http://www.vintagewatchesmq.com/home.html He doesn't list prices but i am sure it will work out cheaper as i'm sure this is where ndt gets his dials from.

Also a word of warning. These dials do not fit straight into a MBW case they need to lose around 0.2mm in diameter and taking a file to a USD400 dial is not for the faint hearted...

P.

polexp, that site is one of the more interesting dealers i've come across... some very nice vintage stuff. here's my question... i'd ask this about any asian dealer, but i am wondering whether this dealer is selling ONLY gen, or if there are some 'franken items' interspersed. i notice that he refers to several of the gen dials as 'refinished'... quite frankly i'd love to find a dealer that can provide lower cost but authentic looking replica vintage parts... i'd like to build a few vintage watches from the ground up, but gen parts through traditional sources make that prohibitive...

your comments? thx.