When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got the 111H from Davidsen

isaacly

Hey guys,

after all the reading.. finally pulled the trigger on DSN's 111H. I must say, it is pretty good for a first rep. Some minor flaws here and there (comparing to gen pics) but overall, its good quality. No camera so I can't post pics until later. I live in So Cal (around LA, preferably san gabriel valley), anyone recommend a watch place to do servicing and put on the straps? Thanks a lot to you guys and thanks to Davidsen if he reads this. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

should've asked this question when i said thanks.. but is the watch suppose to tick? its a very quiet tick.. but when i put it to my ear i hear it.. is that normal?

I would think that because it is a steel case and thick sapphire you are not going to hear the tick like the croc from Peter Pan.... (JOKE) :rolleyes:

I tried doing the same but realized i am next to the ocean and the waves kind of over ride any quiet sound i am trying to listen to ...

Congragulations ... :victory: you alway's remember your first time..LOL.. :bounce: you got a really nice one for the first time out :yu:

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

I wouldn't mind the ticking.

I have several 6497 , Swiss-Chinese-Swinese what ever, and they all tick , some of them a little bit more then the others.

Just let it run and get it serviced when it needs service.

Be careful on the strap changing part and for shure with the Davidsen case. The thread in the lugs get stripped within a second.

For that reason Davidsen all ways inserts the River springbars.

Wear it well

Regards,

Cats

I have heard about the thread problems with Davidsens before. Are Davidsens threads lower quality than other manufacturers? And how sensitive are they? Can you change strap 2, 20, 300 times before they are worn out? Grateful for answer from someone with experience from this. This seems to be the only fault/problem with Davidsen so it would be nice to know more about it.

Be careful on the strap changing part and for shure with the Davidsen case. The thread in the lugs get stripped within a second.

For that reason Davidsen all ways inserts the River springbars.

Wear it well

Regards,

Cats

should've asked this question when i said thanks.. but is the watch suppose to tick? its a very quiet tick.. but when i put it to my ear i hear it.. is that normal?

First you say it has some flaws compared to the gen, just curious, how on Earth can you spot minor flaws on a really good rep like this when you don't even know how to change straps? BTW, the rep case is not too tick, it should actually be about 1mm ticker, namely the bottom is too flat.

And whether you can hear it ticking or not depends on how good ears you have.

Edited by Polynomial

First you say it has some flaws compared to the gen, just curious, how on Earth can you spot minor flaws on a really good rep like this when you don't even know how to change straps? BTW, the rep case is not too tick, it should actually be about 1mm ticker, namely the bottom is too flat.

And whether you can hear it ticking or not depends on how good ears you have.

i know how to change the straps, i didn't have the screw driver to do it. there are some minor flaws, like the "2" in the "12" is off. obviously i dont expect perfection or else i would get a gen, but it's a great replica no doubt.. theres always gonna be some minor flaws that i, as of now, can live with.

i wasn't talking about thickness, i was talking about the ticking sound buddy.

i know how to change the straps, i didn't have the screw driver to do it. there are some minor flaws, like the "2" in the "12" is off. obviously i dont expect perfection or else i would get a gen, but it's a great replica no doubt.. theres always gonna be some minor flaws that i, as of now, can live with.

i wasn't talking about thickness, i was talking about the ticking sound buddy.

Can't we all just get along???? :black_eye: