When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

American Hotrod/Overhaulin'

TeeJay

Personally, I find American HotRod more interesting and entertaining, but, I really admire Chip Foose as an artist, and much prefer the ethos of Overhaulin (namely restoring the car of someone who really deserves it).

Oh, I love Biker Build-Off as well.

Over haulin is the best, i used to see a bit of pimp my ride and they just glossed over the car and in a lot of cases made it look [censored],they never repaired any thing. WSith over haulin they do a ground up rebuild and do it properly. Chip Foose for President, he is not a bighead show off, he gets his hands dirty and ensures that the work is quality. So if any body knows any one in TV can the Monster house team repot to my house and over haulin team to my garage, and if ziggy would like to join in the show and service all my watches i would be a very happy teaddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over haulin is the best, i used to see a bit of pimp my ride and they just glossed over the car and in a lot of cases made it look [censored],they never repaired any thing. WSith over haulin they do a ground up rebuild and do it properly. Chip Foose for President, he is not a bighead show off, he gets his hands dirty and ensures that the work is quality. So if any body knows any one in TV can the Monster house team repot to my house and over haulin team to my garage, and if ziggy would like to join in the show and service all my watches i would be a very happy teaddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I admire him so much as an artist, he's not at all arrogant or big headed about his talent, he is truly humble, and does what he does simply for other's pleasure. While I like the cars that get built in American Hot Rod, I don't like how Boyd treats his employees, and in all honesty, he doesn't even deserve to be called a designer... Foose designed the Boydster and the Boydster II... The other series which makes it a 'Big Three', is Wrecks to Riches, and, while I'll watch it, it doesn't hold my attention as much as the other shows as it's the same old task each time... Build a Super Muscle Car... Sure, they do it well, but a variety in the projects would be nice, and also, although Barry doesn't come across as an egotistical jerk like Boyd has a tendency to, at the end of the day, he builds the cars for profit, so IMHO, Foose is the most selfless of them all, and also the most talented artist, as he actually does the concept sketches and builds, Barry and Boyd don't really do that...

Maybe Chip can Overhaul my old Stang

290270-5862.jpg

Damn, that's a Foosification just waiting to happen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Interesting that there's an Orb near the front wheel, did the car belong to anyone who's died? And before anyone says "That's dust...", no, it's not... Check out the 'golf-ball' texture... That is definitely an Orb, indicating a spiritual presense...

American chappers should be renamed to American welders, yes they build bikes and they do a lot of metal work, but almost every thing else is farmed out, when i build a bike the only thing i can afford to farm out is the paint and any machining as i dont have the machines. The rest i have to do my self, engine builds, electrics, brakes and all the body work i also make my self from fibre glass, Assembaling bikes with all new parts would be great but 9 times out of 10 i have to spent hours cleaning and polishing an old part to make it look good.

Here is my bike it took me 18 months to get the body work right to the shape that suited me. Lots of filler, fiber glass and sanding

and also what happens when spme [censored] [censored] dosent look where he is tring to park his car, we never saw who did it as he did not stay around to appologise, [censored]!

Also a pic of how it looked when i got it!

post-1258-1185727645_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1185727745_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1185727852_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1185727919_thumb.jpg

American chappers should be renamed to American welders, yes they build bikes and they do a lot of metal work, but almost every thing else is farmed out, when i build a bike the only thing i can afford to farm out is the paint and any machining as i dont have the machines. The rest i have to do my self, engine builds, electrics, brakes and all the body work i also make my self from fibre glass, Assembaling bikes with all new parts would be great but 9 times out of 10 i have to spent hours cleaning and polishing an old part to make it look good.

Here is my bike it took me 18 months to get the body work right to the shape that suited me. Lots of filler, fiber glass and sanding

and also what happens when spme [censored] [censored] dosent look where he is tring to park his car, we never saw who did it as he did not stay around to appologise, [censored]!

Also a pic of how it looked when i got it!

That's an awesome bike, and whoever knocked it over and never even left a note of apology is the worst kind of coward, as any damages would have been covered by their insurances. They probably just didn't want to risk 'some biker' kicking their ass ;)

Thanks TJ. Insurance would not have made any difference i fixed it and changed the valve seals in 12 hours over night and rode to party. So i would have had to collect remitance in another way as you mentioned.

Damn, that's a Foosification just waiting to happen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Interesting that there's an Orb near the front wheel, did the car belong to anyone who's died? And before anyone says "That's dust...", no, it's not... Check out the 'golf-ball' texture... That is definitely an Orb, indicating a spiritual presense...

No, that's just my crappy old camera. 1.3 mega pixel.....hells yeah! It still works and I just can't bring myself to replace it since I paid over $400.00 back in the day. It's a classic! But really, I do want to get started on this car. It's a 1968 Mustang my dad bought for me in 1977. Got it on my 10th birthday and it was to be my first car. We got started but never finished. It has all of the original Shelby fiberglass and even the roll bar. We figured somebody wrecked a Shelby and put all the parts on this fastback. The car is solid and under 40,000 miles. It's been inside since 1977. I'm just waiting to get my kids paid off (lol) then I'll get started. Now I have to make up my mind. Replica Shelby or replica Eleanor. Maybe "Bullitt"?

290458-5792.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

No, that's just my crappy old camera. 1.3 mega pixel.....hells yeah! It still works and I just can't bring myself to replace it since I paid over $400.00 back in the day. It's a classic! But really, I do want to get started on this car. It's a 1968 Mustang my dad bought for me in 1977. Got it on my 10th birthday and it was to be my first car. We got started but never finished. It has all of the original Shelby fiberglass and even the roll bar. We figured somebody wrecked a Shelby and put all the parts on this fastback. The car is solid and under 40,000 miles. It's been inside since 1977. I'm just waiting to get my kids paid off (lol) then I'll get started. Now I have to make up my mind. Replica Shelby or replica Eleanor. Maybe "Bullitt"?

292768-4221.jpg

That's definitely a car with some history, so definitely cause for a restoration project :) Maybe you could go down the 'Wrecks to Riches' route and make it into a Super Muscle Car?

Definitely? :blink:

I'd say it's not an Orb.

It certainly matches the thousands of other orbs my father in law has captured on digital camera from years of amateur paranormal investigation, so that's what I'd say it was...

What would you say it was?

Since were talking about cars here are some of mine :

My ZedR2 4x4 Daily Driver :

292793-4207.jpg

My Trans Am :

292793-4208.jpg

My show truck 4x4 S10 V8 :

292793-4209.jpg

S10 Engine :

292793-4210.jpg

and my old 32 Deuce Coupe which I sold last year :

292793-4211.jpg

292793-4212.jpg

If I have posted these pics here before I'm sorry , just can't remember anymore :unsure:

Awesome cars, particularly the Trans-Am and the 32 Coupe... Nice location of the licence plate behind the front grill... I like that, and think it could work well on other cars... I think the trucks could do with a little more flare in the graphics though... ;) With the blue and white truck, I think a white panal in the blue with some kind of flame detail inside would look awesome. I'll try and do a photoshop mockup as an example :)

It's actually silver & blue TJ , but ya , it looks white in most pics ...

Does this one look more silver / gray ??

292839-4189.jpg

Ahh, that shows up much better as silver :) I've tried coming up with a photoshop mockup of the idea, but just can't quite get it right... I'm also having trouble finding the car from Overhaulin' which gave me the idea, so I think I'll have to just draw it the old-fashioned way :D