When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Using Cape Cod on etched surface

azerbyjam

I have a gen Tag Link Chrono with some small scratches on the tachy bezel that I want to try and polish out using Cape Cod. My only concern is, will the Cape Cod remove the black etching? :g:

I think it will remove the paint on the bezel if you use it on there. I have very limited exposure or experience with cape cod, but I think it will remove the paint. Maybe someone else who has tried it will have more insight. I can tell you that if you have a leather strap on your watch and use this stuff it will get on the strap and stain it, I do have experience with that. :)

well ive used cape cod on these kinda thing before.. it was on a daytona bezel.. and yes cape cod removes the black paint from the bezel.. i don't know about gens though.. from wat ive heard from ppl in here.. genuine watch are like PWOAH.. like theyre indestructible so im not sure if it will do the same to gens.. but yeh ive used it on reps before and yes it takes off the paint :(