When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen cap hands for pams

Faber

Ok...here we go...many of you guys like me dislike the recess pin...and also have 2 problems : 1 - dont live in the country that our artists of the forum live , and as it is a hommage watch it could be lost or held. 2 -Like to make it yourself...

seens That Davidsen ( Watchmmx form TRC) have tried to find a solution for this problem and managed to make a hand with a little cap on it...

as it seens to be pretty easy i go through his way...

first my victim : a cn fiddy ( noticed the recessed pin)

2305-7628.jpg

2305-7629.jpg

now the little hands ( also i will going to do the mod in my 111 and the bseal):

2305-7630.jpg

glowing pic : with the black project dial...but that will be another post...

2305-7631.jpg

So i have poped up the cristal and have changed the hands, so easy but unfortunatelly i forgot to take some pics ...but here is the final results...cosmetically it works so fine...and no more recessed pin

2305-7632.jpg

2305-7633.jpg

2305-7634.jpg

2305-7635.jpg

wrist shot of the final result :

2305-7636.jpg

Thanks for all guys to look and post your thoughts...cheers..Faber

Edited by Faber

Davidsen asked me for my technical advice on these and initially I was sceptical but in practice they do not look at all bad - certainly an easy fix if you don't want to pay one of us repairers to change the pinion.

Faber, how is the quality of the fit and finish on the hands, generally, compared to the hands that come on the rep?

i have talked to Davidsena bout the color...it have to be more metalic grey...but today i have used on a barbecue and the color seens to be cool on the sun light...also its so fast and easy to change...i really like it and have talk to davidsen to order more one pair to my 118...and abut the quality its superior than the hands that comes in y fiddy...glows like hell...when you get to an elevator after been on sun light it glows even with light...

this still doesnt fix the issue that the hand "angle" is not as "parallel" to the dial, does it?

You cannot tell the hand is angled once the crystal is put on - no matter how hard you try, you won't see it unless the crystal is off. The bezel prohibits the appropriate viewing angle in order to see the bent hand.