When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breguet Type XX Ref 3800. Aeronale Flyback Chronograph

dluddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This watch clearly belongs on a leather strap. I've never seen one on a strap before, and let me tell you, it makes a huge difference. That is an absolutely gorgeous watch.

The Patek Philippe Ref. 5970 R still is much, much nicer looking, in my opinion. But that one is in a whole other league in terms of price!!

5970_4.jpg

WOW, out of nowhere Angus just posted a pretty decent replica - my prayers were answered?

What say you?

Sale Post

That's incredible! I only just linked to this post in another Breguet thread yesterday to Ericw:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=370725

Suddenly Angus posts the exact same watch today?

Well, to answer your question Dluddy -- the black one looks phenomenal but do you want the 7750 movement for US$328 not including shipping? -_-

@X: Quite so. It really is all up to each person, about how much they want this rep watch. :)

Actually this watch was the reason why I joined the rwg; I was looking if this beauty was available at a bit lower coast somewhere...

Just 3 days ago I bought the HBB and a J12 for my girlfriend -so it has to wait a bit. My new project and subject of admire.

But it will go only cheaper :-) So I will not be worried!

Well, to answer your question Dluddy -- the black one looks phenomenal but do you want the 7750 movement for US$328 not including shipping? -_-

It would join a collection of 7750's Vic. I have Ziggy service the keepers and they run forever. My 188 is over 3 years old B)

sooo....

Im new to the rep side of things but have been around the block a few times on the gen side. How hard is it for the rep makers to get the font of the numbers correct? Im no expert, not even an intermediate, but I would think that would be far easier than any of the other features. Is it done intentionally?

maybe

Maybe, some of the time... :lol:

I might hang back on this one though, to see if they fix the dial and hands which they do on 2nd versions....some of the time. What they will not fix on this one is the terrible CNC work on the side of the case. I've had $60 day date chronos w/ better cases than this one.

Here's my genuine for comparison......I have to say that if they brought a good rep...esp in RG ...I would consider moving my gen on and replacing with something they haven't repped yet.....RG with white dial......on a strap.....the bracelet is possibly the best bracelet I've seen on a watch...but oh so sexy on a strap.....RG / Tobacco leather / DFD...perfect combo.....:D

BreguetXXA.jpg

BreguetXXB.jpg

BreguetXX.jpg

BreguetXXC.jpg

Wonderful watch & pics Neil! This sure is a great watch!

To me Breguet is the king of watches, and the brand has even more mythical "aura" than Patek.

PS: For some reason I always thought Neils watch was Transatlantic chronograph. Dunno why...