When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB prices just went... UP!

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is of any interest, I got confirmation by a dealer that there is indeed a cartel whose goal it is to push the prices high.

Of course, it should be of interest to anyone who is buying replica watches. If the members of this "cartel" became known to forum members, perhaps it might encourage purchasing from the other dealers. I believe that most anyone who has been around this market for a while could guess at least a couple of "cartel" members.

Of course, it should be of interest to anyone who is buying replica watches. If the members of this "cartel" became known to forum members, perhaps it might encourage purchasing from the other dealers. I believe that most anyone who has been around this market for a while could guess at least a couple of "cartel" members.

I dont think its a secret anymore that atleast Joshua and Andrew are members of this 'cartel'.

@Tom I love your signature! Awesome artwork

I control the price of reps.....by what I am willing -- or unwilling -- to pay.

To me this hobby is in large part about discovering bargains, high quality replicas at good or great prices. High quality reps at high prices don't interest me. If they did, I would be shopping for gens at similar price levels. That was actually what I was looking for when I stumbled into the rep culture.

If the price of the HBB came down to the $300 neighborhood and the quality was proven better than it is today, then it might possibly make my list.

I would not buy one at that price

I would not if it were twice as nice

I would not wear it 'round the house

I would not give one to my future spouse

I will not put it on my wrist

A few more lines and you'll get my jist

Keep your HBB, Sam I Am

I think I'll buy a green Sub and Pam

[/quote

Thanks for the laugh, we need it at these new prices.........

Just because people buy them, why should the price increase?

Are you serious? :blink:

If it is of any interest, I got confirmation by a dealer that there is indeed a cartel whose goal it is to push the prices high.

Wow!

I also got confirmation by a Martian that they are planning to invade Earth and suck the blood of mankind.

I just wonder if anything got lost in translation... :g:

Just for the record: The new cartel price for the UPO is $278 + shipping. That's $10 more than the 7750-based chrono version.

http://www.perfectclones88.com/omse10030-p...ate-p-2206.html

yea, I got mine back then for like $250 ? but considering it's swiss eta, and considering what we know now about the supposed swiss-eta shortage? and the price hike at least that's justifiable..

the HBB price hike.. well.. my feelings/thoughts are already known about that

i'm just glad i got mine already

What do we know about the "ETA shortage", really? We've heard some rumors that ETA will stop providing the movements to foreign manufacturers in 2010. It's 2007 now.

How do we know that these all "ETA shortage" claims aren't just another excuse to bump the prices up? I'm not saying they necessarily are, but who the hell knows what's the real truth here?

What do we know about the "ETA shortage", really? We've heard some rumors that ETA will stop providing the movements to foreign manufacturers in 2010. It's 2007 now.

How do we know that these all "ETA shortage" claims aren't just another excuse to bump the prices up? I'm not saying they necessarily are, but who the hell knows what's the real truth here?

true true, but the thing with the ETA is that even AD's are mentioning it supposedly, so there's gotta be some grain of truth there..

it's one thing for rep dealers to say stuff.. but when people are coming in saying that their local AD's mentioned it to them as well..

well, same with the HBB ^^ I'm just glad I got mine already :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There is no ETA shortage yet, but it is a certainty that they will stop providing ebauche movements to other manufacturers before or by 2010. This is why we are seeing some higher quality movements coming out of Asia, and certain Swiss makers are in the process of achieving 'manufacture' status by producing their own movement.

The ETAs will run dry, so hold onto those watches, as you wont see their quality again- for a while at least.

-O

I also got confirmation by a Martian that they are planning to invade Earth and suck the blood of mankind.

I just wonder if anything got lost in translation... :g:

WOW, someone must have slept on the joke pillow last night!

Believe me, the words were very clear, there is no way of misreading that particular part. Plus I'm sure that particular dealer has english skills well enough to make himself clear, so even YOU can understand him.

yea, I got mine back then for like $250 ? but considering it's swiss eta, and considering what we know now about the supposed swiss-eta shortage? and the price hike at least that's justifiable..

Oh really, it is ETA? Dear god that must be the reason!

I'm only asking myself how the devil other dealers supplied me with ETA based watches for 100$?

Most of you probably never read it the first time, a few of you may think i'm trite for mentioning it more then once. I've purchased a preowned GEN for around what these reps go for! As watch enthusiasts, you need to ask yourselves, wouldn't you rather have a genuine Omega? or TAG? You feel 1000 times better about your reps. Its not even slightly uncomfortable anymore. With that $700, your this close to 185 grams of high society alloy! Don't throw it away.

we're all fortunate enough to be in the know and not be bendovers for bestswiss's bullsh!t. Call me foolish, as my collector of choice is a cartel member. Doesn't mean i'm going to let him bend me over anymore then he may already have. C'mon, you have to draw the line somewhere between gen/rep and how much your going to pay before our cheap fix is no more.

I bought a PO for about 180$ with an ETA, that was a long time ago, I dont remember the dealer.

I bouth a Submariner with genuine swiss ETA (at least it had eta stamps) from paul for 109$. Another dealer, I dont remember his name, something with S sold ETA reps for about 100$ aswell.

But ever since the cartel stepped in....... well I dont think I need to finish the sentence! You get the picture now?

And if it is of any interest, Silix is selling ETA rolexes for about 130$ and Omegas for about 160 or 170$!

Hey slay, how would you propose doing so?
Hey, how is it going? I dont know how, thats why I said "somehow" :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm not almighty (I only know a lot of hot girls lol)!

And if it is of any interest, Silix is selling ETA rolexes for about 130$ and Omegas for about 160 or 170$!Hey, how is it going? I dont know how, thats why I said "somehow" :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm not almighty (I only know a lot of hot girls lol)!

your not?? well that is disappointing... :)

Did everyone sleep through the White Lies thread? Yes, there's a cartel. We've known about it since Josh announced it on RWI and it's where my "Dun be a Pug" quote comes from.

Members: Joshua (Perfect Clones), Andrew (Trustytime), King (King watches) and a reluctant Angus (Puretime).

They colluded with the SFSO/HBB manufacturer to fix the prices of these watches artificially high and we stood by and let them. We, as a community, have had the opportunity on numerous occasions to stand up and be counted, but every time, there's a bit of talk, some fear that a dealer may not give good prices if they roll on him, and ... nothing.

The Admin of this site asked us as a community what we wanted to do to those dealers that lied and colluded and we basically said we were happy to take one in the ass every now and then as long as they continued to sell us watches.

WOW, someone must have slept on the joke pillow last night!

Believe me, the words were very clear, there is no way of misreading that particular part. Plus I'm sure that particular dealer has english skills well enough to make himself clear, so even YOU can understand him.

Ok, so you are sure there is a cartel.

In this case, either one of the following two:

1. That dealer is in the cartel. In this case he must also be a masochist as there is no other reason for him to admit he takes part in a cartel 'whose goal it is to push the prices high'. (Other than a misunderstanding, naturally).

2. That dealer is out of the cartel. In this case his report about a cartel has to be taken all but for granted.

If you were not so anxious to embrace the oversimplistic thesis of a cartel, even YOU could have figured it out.