When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad luck continues ... EU help needed

lazarini

:wounded1: pam 204 and the seagul/lemania dissaster :black_eye:

Most of u know i posted the pam 204 pics wich i recived just a week or so back ...

I had some SFSO problems also witch are now fixed in terms of movement ... and just when u think ure back on track ... somethin strikes :(

Let me explain ... i was just on my way home and by some redicilous idea whanted to measure some route on my way (time ... so i press the top button on my 204 and start the crono ... all fine ... so it runs and i check it a few times all good ... i come home press the top button again to stop it and nothing ... i look again press again nothing ( on the second press the button feedback seamed to be goone ) on third time i managed to stop it but coud not reset it with botton button !

When i checked even more i realised that even the small seconds at 9 stoped ... witch means the watch has stoped ... i try to shake it a bit gently and realised that the crono hand moved freely when shaken :(

I tryed to wound it a bit nothing then pressed the top button again and watch runned but now its inposible to stop it and reset it at all :(

Both button feedbacks are goone now ... watch runs do .

Who can help me with this please as i really like the watch and dont wanna get rid of it . Is it even fixable ? Any chance that a local watchmaker can fix it or i shoud not attemt that .

All input appriciated ... kind regards Laz aka. bad-luck guy :animal_rooster:

hi laz,

not good to hear that from you.

but normally this venus175 movt is a very robust movement.

it can be a little lever inside is broken, he's for the start / stop hand, the large hand.

i know how it works this movement, but it's very hard for me to explain it, all the things in english.

it can be that a little part is broken. or dust, dirt.

it can be also that a pusher clips. the movement has 2 little plates. on this plates you press the big pusher for the start/stop function.

also here can be dirt/dust.

you have to know, with each movement is everything reperable. don't worry be happy. you know this song.

du dup du do du dup dup du da--- don't worry--- be happy-----.

you can build-in original parts or you have a 2nd reserve movement, like me. so, send it to your watchsmith or to me.

the problem, it costs money. the watchmaker have to take a look. that's it.

rolf

:wounded1: pam 204 and the seagul/lemania dissaster :black_eye:

Most of u know i posted the pam 204 pics wich i recived just a week or so back ...

I had some SFSO problems also witch are now fixed in terms of movement ... and just when u think ure back on track ... somethin strikes :(

Let me explain ... i was just on my way home and by some redicilous idea whanted to measure some route on my way (time ... so i press the top button on my 204 and start the crono ... all fine ... so it runs and i check it a few times all good ... i come home press the top button again to stop it and nothing ... i look again press again nothing ( on the second press the button feedback seamed to be goone ) on third time i managed to stop it but coud not reset it with botton button !

When i checked even more i realised that even the small seconds at 9 stoped ... witch means the watch has stoped ... i try to shake it a bit gently and realised that the crono hand moved freely when shaken :(

I tryed to wound it a bit nothing then pressed the top button again and watch runned but now its inposible to stop it and reset it at all :(

Both button feedbacks are goone now ... watch runs do .

Who can help me with this please as i really like the watch and dont wanna get rid of it . Is it even fixable ? Any chance that a local watchmaker can fix it or i shoud not attemt that .

All input appriciated ... kind regards Laz aka. bad-luck guy :animal_rooster:

Rolf my friend thx for the kind words and prompt reply ...

i knew it by reading the forums that this kinda things happen and i was prepared but recently it struck me hard ... Sfso ... then now the 204 ... another watch looks to be lost in the post ... im thinking what next :(

But hey i get the "dont worry be happy" advice and ill try to keep my chin up and a smille on my face :)

Ill do as recommended ... il ask my gf to take it to the watchmaker that worked on my Sfso when she will go to work tomorow ... i will see if he will take on the task of reparing it ... if not il PM you with arrangement to send it to you so ure watchmaker can work on it .

I update the post when i know more.

Once again , manny thx for kind words and moral boost ... i needed that !

regards Laz

Edited by lazarini

this venus 175 movement is a very well known movement. the most watchmaker know this movment.

Be aware that this is a Seagull ST18 and spares are not the same as the Venus. The Seagull may be a copy, but it's not 100% parts compatible.

dear ziggy

i have a pam192 and inside is this venus175 movement.

my watchmaker changed the crown with a palp crown.

in the palp crown is the thread hole a bit deeper, so he had to change the stem.

in his spare part box he has some original venus175 stems and some other venus175 parts, so he could change the stem and it fits perfect.

i say always, a good watchmaker find always a way, my watchmaker is master and for his master craftsman certificate

he built a tourbillon watch from the start to the end.

i want to say with this, in the most cases he can build a new part. not everything but a lot is possible.

rolli

So true, and the stems are not a Venus 175 model either...want to buy some??

RG

So ...

here is the news watchmaker has exament the watch and said that the movement seams to be in fine state but the pusshers are broken he was telling to my gf same as rolli has presumed that the little levers inside the pushers are broken ... bad news is he dont have the parts and is unable to source them there fore cant fix it ...

Rolf check ure PMs from me if u please my friend .

Regards laz

Edited by lazarini

the chrono lever inside with all chrono watches is always a weak point if it is not well oiled.

laz, i have sent a pm.

rolli

So ...

here is the news watchmaker has exament the watch and said that the movement seams to be in fine state but the pusshers are broken he was telling to my gf same as rolli has presumed that the little levers inside the pushers are broken ... bad news is he dont have the parts and is unable to source them there fore cant fix it ...

Rolf check ure PMs from me if u please my friend .

Regards laz

• 2 months later...

Hi ,

im sorry to hear that ... i managed to get my watch repared with a help of a watchmaker that is a friend of one of the mebers here on the boards ...

It has been just sent to me yesterday and im eager to see it back on my wrist ... i hope u can sort out the ishues with yours even the flaws and everithing i love that watch !

That said thx again to ( u know who u are , mr i wanna remain annonimous ) for ure help on this ... ure a true friend , much appriciated .

regards laz

Good to know Frank !

Thx for the input ill keep that in mind ... the reallity is cruel some of u might remeber what the watchmaker of my choice wich i thought is a stand up local guy here did to my day - date ...

That said really hard to find a decent one these days .

regards laz

Laz, I'm not sure if this would help but you might try sending an email to CF which runs alpha-watch.com. His English is not great but he is a nice chap.

He seems to be helpful and sells quite a few watches with the Venus copy movement. Perhaps he has access to parts or can supply a new movement.

Best of luck!

Regards,

J

Ouch. You realize that this will just mean additional, unusual wear. Sounds like the lever is deforming under normal operation, and is a known problem (since there was a "solution"), but if you just horse the pusher over to hit the lever, it will probably keep bending till you can't reach it anymore.. (all the while damaging the pusher/stem/tube through intentional abuse as well)