When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

stupid question....why has noone taken a venus (or copy) movement

cableguy

wouldnt that fix the unreliableness?

I don't get it. The unreliability is due to moving the seconds from 9 to 6. The Venus copy is the same as the 7750 and would need to be made as unreliable to copy it. Also, the Venus is a handwind and the 7750 is an Auto.

Unless you're talking about the old Newman Daytonas that are already available from every dealer with the Venus in them.

the Venus movement would be perfect for a 6263, because it has the same subdial spacing as a Valjoux 23/72/DW Mystery movement.

The only problem is all the cases made for the Venus have improper dimensions and no assymetrical pushers. Watchhonpo has the version with proper dimensions and assymetric pushers, but you cannot order from him. I was scammed by them, they took my money and I got nothing.

Andrew told me he cannot get this watch. Dont ask me why. He said he already tried to get it, but no luck

Slay, are you sure about the Venus having the same subdial spacing as the Valjoux? I was under the impression the Venus subdials were spaced a bit further apart than the Valjoux. I have copies of each, so I will have to get out the micrometer and take some measurements when I have some time.

Too bad Andrew is unable to get the same vintage Daytonas that Honpo is selling (or at least advertising on his site). For about $300 (Honpo's price in US dollars), they are easily the most accurate versions of these watches that I have seen for anywhere near that price. I exchanged a couple of emails with Honpo a few months ago and then, after asking which watches I was interested in, he just vanished. But when I started to hear all the horror stories about him, I guess it was a good thing that he stopped responding.

This is my 6263 replica with the ST-19 movement. (With fixed subdial@6 modification.) Absolutely a beautiful replica, with a heavy, solid feel.. No wobble from the rotor as on the 7750 replicas. The lack of rotor also makes for a low and comfortable case. A cool detail is that the case has an age-appropriate 1980-serial number. :) It is a very good buy for the 180-200 dollars.

The subdial spacing is wrong, acording to the Daytona-replica experts. You can compare with the picture in the book below. Personally, I cant see anything.

295541-2092.jpg

Daytona (rep) and Porsche 928.. Icons of the early 1980ties..

295541-2093.jpg

295541-2094.jpg

Beatutiful movement

Slay, are you sure about the Venus having the same subdial spacing as the Valjoux? I was under the impression the Venus subdials were spaced a bit further apart than the Valjoux. I have copies of each, so I will have to get out the micrometer and take some measurements when I have some time.

Too bad Andrew is unable to get the same vintage Daytonas that Honpo is selling (or at least advertising on his site). For about $300 (Honpo's price in US dollars), they are easily the most accurate versions of these watches that I have seen for anywhere near that price. I exchanged a couple of emails with Honpo a few months ago and then, after asking which watches I was interested in, he just vanished. But when I started to hear all the horror stories about him, I guess it was a good thing that he stopped responding.

It has the same subdial spacing, I put a DW dial made for a Vj23 ontop of a Venus movement and the subdial spacing was exactly the same!