When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel Insert Replacement

seank1

Hey The Zigmeister, I gave my LV a pretty good wack (not on purpose) this weekend and the blemish is bugging me pretty bad. The bezel came with a slight nick in it from the dealer and he's sending me a new one. It's a PT Ultimate. How in the heck do you pop this out? The tolerance from the bezel to the insert is pretty tight. Do I try to pop out between the crystal and insert? What do I use to reinstall? I read a couple of your how tos and you mention a certain cement. That seems pretty permanent. Any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sean K

Edited by seank1

Not The Zigmeister but here is what I have done.

It's best to remove the bezel from the case. Use a case knife, sturdy razor blade and perhaps an old credit card may work. I use electrical tape between the bezel and case to prevent scratches. Work the case knife GENTLY around the the bezel aplying upward pressure on it. It will work itself loose & off it comes.

Soak the bezel & insert in warm water and liquid soap for 45 min or so and it will dissolve the glue. The old insert will come off very easily wtih zero damage.

Clean all excess glue form the insert. A toothpik will work as will an old tooth brush.

For glue, I suggest using G-S Hypo cement which has a very fine applicator designed to work on jewelry which makes the application a breeze. I found mine on Ebay.

Jet

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...