When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone put a GEN bracelet on a Replica?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I purchased a Gen Panerai bracelet for my 188... I took it over to my watch tech today to have it put on and he says the holes do not line up. The only way to make the bracelet and the lugs line up would be to drill out the hole through the end link... And considering I paid nearly $1500 for the bracelet, I don't wish to go modding it!

Has anyone else run into this issue, or can you think of a different fix for this? I have until tomorrow evening to contact the seller and tell him I want to return it because it wouldn't work.

Thanks!

I purchased a Gen Panerai bracelet for my 188... I took it over to my watch tech today to have it put on and he says the holes do not line up. The only way to make the bracelet and the lugs line up would be to drill out the hole through the end link... And considering I paid nearly $1500 for the bracelet, I don't wish to go modding it!

Has anyone else run into this issue, or can you think of a different fix for this? I have until tomorrow evening to contact the seller and tell him I want to return it because it wouldn't work.

Thanks!

Modding the bracelet would be madness, please don't. OEM Panerai bracelets only fit Panerai's that originally came with a bracelet. The case these Panerai's is slightly different then the case of Panerai's that where made for straps. There is a workaround for this issue is the so called microadapter. Microadapters cost about 300$ and can be purchased at the p@neristi accesories corner and sometimes on ebay.

I can not guaranty that the microadapters will fit your (rep) case but I think they are a better alternative then drilling the bracelet.

Besides you could always mod the microdapter to fit your case and keep the bracelet pristine.

post-406-1186218937_thumb.jpg

post-406-1186218943_thumb.jpg

Exactly right. The cases or at least the lugs and their hole placement are different for the bracelet models. That is why the bracelet fits so beautifully on the gens. You might try Michael at Adam-co on the bay. He used to have the micro adapters. And if they work on your 188 it should make it usable on other models as well. Is it SS/SS or SS/ti? If you are going to give up and are planning on sending it back let me know. I may want to buy it. You got a good price. :)

$1500 for a gen Pam bracelet is a good price sure....but only relative to the exhorbitant price in the first place.

Four figures of any currency for a steel or steel/Ti bracelet is just obscene <_<

Hence, why it's the one accessory I'd like to see repp'd.....an accurate 24/22 bracelet (SS/TI would be perfect but SS/SS too) rather than the 24/24 ones available.

It's like the common cold and Apollo 11....sure they can make a HBB, but they can't make an correct-size bracelet :rolleyes:

Guest carlsbadrolex

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I hadnt thought of the micro adapters. I just called my local dealer and they have them in stock.

BUT, I am leaning toward sending the bracelet back and picking up a Gen deployant to go with the Gen croc strap...

Thanks again!

Its funny you ask this question. I wanted a stainless bracelet for a genuine PAM024, and when I priced it out with the microadapters, I was pushing 2000 dollars. I just got my tapered stainless REP bracelet from Trusty, and it fits the genuine perfectly.

-O

Tapered??? :brow:

As in 24/22??? :brow:

Really?!! :brow:

Tapered??? :brow:

QUOTE(new & improved osteopath @ Aug 4 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Its funny you ask this question. I wanted a stainless bracelet for a genuine PAM024, and when I priced it out with the microadapters, I was pushing 2000 dollars. I just got my tapered stainless REP bracelet from Trusty, and it fits the genuine perfectly.

-O

Tapered??? brow.gif

As in 24/22??? brow.gif

Really?!! brow.gif

Really?!! :brow:

My thoughts exactly, to my knowledge there is no tapered (24mm->22mm) replica bracelet available only the non tapered (24mm -> 24mm). If there is a tapered replica version of the bracelet available please share some pictures with us... :g:

My thoughts exactly, to my knowledge there is no tapered (24mm->22mm) replica bracelet available only the non tapered (24mm -> 24mm). If there is a tapered replica version of the bracelet available please share some pictures with us... :g:

I bought a SS rep bracelet a while back that was tapered, but you can't get them in titan any more (if they had them in the tapered version at all).

If there was a ss/ti tapered bracelet, I'd be all over that!!

Andrew has the tapered 24/22 version, when you order the stainless bracelet off his site, add the request for the tapered version in the 'notes' part of the order, and probably email Andrew for good measure, and you should be in good shape. The quality is very good, and the construction is truwe to the original, save for the clasp which is double sided instead of single sided.

best,

-O

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I hadnt thought of the micro adapters. I just called my local dealer and they have them in stock.

Had been looking for this since your post, Carlsbadrolex. Not cheap $299, but at least available in case someone is not near a PAM AD.

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thread/1186718137/last-1186718137/FS-+Fit+an+OEM+Panerai+bracelet+to+any+44mm+Panerai+or+1000m+Sub+-+Micro+Adapter%99+%24299

(Please change the hxxp to http...I know a window opens up reducing the risk of trackbacks to this site, but I am always very extra careful with Risti)

A question if I may: is it possible to purchase OEM Panerai straps, Deployants, etc from an AD without actually owning one.

I know I can with Breitling but I have heard that with Panerai if you visit an AD to purchase you must have a Case number to confirm legitimacy.

Tourneau will basically sell one to anyone with cash- they have an accessories case- The Panerai straps are always layed out there- just point to the one you want, and say 'Ill take that one!' and you should be in good shape.

One word though- with all os the really fine aftermarket straps out there, why go OEM??

-O

The one on the left,

297024-1052.jpg

297024-1053.jpg