When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show me ure DJ ...

lazarini

Plexi is correct for these vintage (80s) Datejusts (sapphire is for newer models) and is one of the things I like about it. I prefer vintage models over modern.

The dial is silver linen, my favorite. A completely monochrome watch, no color (other than variations of black & white) at all.

Nice looking Frankens. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

I've got two projects waiting in the wings to be complete. Just don't have the time... being a new father and all.

One is a 16220 Datejust fitted with new style silver dial.

But the prize that I can't wait to finish is what I am building for my wife. I have a near mint 15200 case, no holes lugs still with sticker on the back in mint condition, silver dial, near mint 78350 oyster bracelet with proper 557B endlinks with no stretch. I also have a new crown, and genuine 3135 date disc. I'm powering both Frankens with NOS Eta 12892 movements. These are the 12.5''' (28.5mm) movements that fit nicely in gen Rolex cases. I am able to use the thicker gen date discs as overlay as the dial requires a spacer between the movement in order to line up the stem. I dropped off one of the movements to a local watchmaker for a full overhaul and to replace the fourth wheel, cannon pinion, and hour wheel. The movement runs great at only +2 sec/day, but it has been sitting for 20+ years and definately needs new oil and grease. I'm just waiting for a set of hands and a few hours of free time to finish it off.

Here is a pic of a genuine 15200 for reference. The Franken should look exact when complete as it is comprised of all genuine parts, except movment. I'll post some pics when it is done.

296840-1190.jpg

296840-1191.jpg

296840-1192.jpg