When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is 21j Asian movement a copy of Miyota 8215?

bklm1234

I have a broken 21j Asian Noobmariner movement I want to swap out. I want to know if it's a Miyota 8125 copy or something else. I'm thinking of a gen Miyota 8125 movement, or a Chinese DG 2813, or a just another 21j Asian movement. Ofrei has the Miytoa 8125 and DG 2813 listed as having hand sizes of 100/165/17 and 100/159/17 respectively. That means I can go with a gen Miyota or copy but I can't go with the DG 2813 unless I have the proper minute hand. That is assuming the 21j Asian in my Noobmariner is a Miyota 8125.

Thanks.

-BK

The noob movement is a Miyota copy, in the chinese sense of the word. As for hand sizes, you might check julesborel.com and compare what they have. The hand sizes are slightly different from ofrei. When my noob crapped out on me (actually it crapped out on my nephew, and I got it back), I got a DG 2813 and tried to get my watchmaker to swap it. Instead, he serviced the noob movement for $40. So far, so good- it's on the winder and doing fine. Now I have a spare DG 2813 to play w/!

Jules Borel has the Miyota at 100/150/17 and DG2813 at 100/152/17. 150, 152 <= I think same 150 minute hand can fit both.

BTW, does Miyota movement hack? I don't think so. Anybody knows?

-bk

Some do some dont depends on what movement you are talking about, have a look googles great!

• 5 years later...