When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What would a Franck Muller 16mm Tang Buckle cost?

cpaman

I called a Franck Muller AD to purchase a 16mm stainless tang buckle (not white gold mind you), after I picked myself up off the floor and made sure I was still breathing, I asked to make sure he quoted me the right price. He said that was correct and I said that is insane.

The price... :cryss::cryss::cryss:$ 180.00 :cryss::cryss::cryss:

I called a Franck Muller AD to purchase a 16mm stainless tang buckle (not white gold mind you), after I picked myself up off the floor and made sure I was still breathing, I asked to make sure he quoted me the right price. He said that was correct and I said that is insane.

The price... :cryss::cryss::cryss:$ 180.00 :cryss::cryss::cryss:

The more of this sort of garbage that I see, the more I enjoy watching the rep industry develop. I know that rep dealers and manufacturers violate all sorts of laws, but sometimes there are situations where some mutt needs his ass whipped.

Rolex, Franck Muller, and their ilk get no sympathy from me.

Bill

A 16mm buckles has about .10 worth of stainless steel and I understand that there is some cost to mold it and sell it, but give me a break.

I purchased a OEM 18mm Breitling buckle and it was only $25, I figured the FM can't be more than $50 (was I ever surprised).

A UN tang buckle cost me more than $100 too (SS one).........

Don't even ask about gold buckles, especially gold deployants. I had to buy a new deployant to replace a damaged one on my old UN Freak, and it was close to $1800 for a RG deployant. Lange's deployant's are almost $3000 a piece, the Platinum ones go for close to $5000 a piece.

i have an OEM franck muller buckle. i won it on an ebay auction for a conquistador chrono rubber strap. it was 103 for strap and buckle. i also won an alligator strap for the regular conquistador for 50 bucks (simply because it was mis-listed as "franK muller") and transfered the buckle to that. unfortunately the rubber chrono strap is 1 mm to big, but at least i got the OEM buckle. but then, the OEM alligator strap wouldn't fit as well.... it has a 2mm thick plastic spacer where the strap connects to the watch, and the lug holes are only 1 mm away from the case.

but i have a custom strap in 19 mm from banda on its way, and it looks like an almost perfect match!

43596-37698.jpg

43596-37699.jpg

if it fits well, i am going to see about a custom made with real alligator.

for a rep version you may want to ask ken at www.etaworldgoods.com

on the japanese site, it says they can procure the franck muller vegas with whatever colour "belt" you like: black, brown, red, aqua(lit. watercolor!), blue, pink, or white. ther is probably a good chance they have some extra buckles as well. the band wont look good on the conquistador, but if it gets you the buckle it may be worth a shot. the buckle looks pretty close to the OEM that i have infront of me, but i do notice that the OEM has the circular FM logo on the underside.

43602-37694.jpg

Edited by robideaux