When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SoCal GTG

Victoria

Guys, as you may know one of the Panerai-centric forums (Paneristi) is having a HUGE get-to-gether this Saturday, August 18, 2007, in Carlsbad, California. This is being called the Hammer GTG, in honour of a wonderful member who was left handicapped after a sporting accident.

Well, if you read Risti, you know the excitement over there is at near-fever pitch! This is all they've been talking of for months.

You can read more about it here:

hxxp://hammergtg.blogspot.com/ (alter the url)

Soooo. Anyone here going? Talk about Big Balls! :lol:

Guys, as you may know one of the Panerai-centric forums (Paneristi) is having a HUGE get-to-gether this Saturday, August 18, 2007, in Carlsbad, California. This is being called the Hammer GTG, in honour of a wonderful member who was left handicapped after a sporting accident.

Well, if you read Risti, you know the excitement over there is at near-fever pitch! This is all they've been talking of for months.

You can read more about it here:

hxxp://hammergtg.blogspot.com/ (alter the url)

Soooo. Anyone here going? Talk about Big Balls! :lol:

May just require small balls and a big gen :)

May just require small balls and a big gen :)

LOL! Quite right too. :)

Did you hear that in another Risti GTG, this time in NYC, one of the most well-known members got his gen Fiddy lifted by another member??

Well, they don't know who did it, but man, speaking of Big Balls...the upshot is that the other Canadian Risti members clubbed together to get Aurelio a new gen Fiddy!

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/385842/ (again, alter the url)

That's awesome, man. Love the name too: Operation Save the Fiddy!

Yet, I wonder if we would do that here for one of us? *g*

(Listen, I don't know if this thread should've been in the OT area, so please Mods, forgive me and move it should you deem it so!)

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am not going, but two of my coworkers are. It is being held across the street from my office. I am loaning my camera to one of them, and have been promised plenty of pics.

I am not going, but two of my coworkers are. It is being held across the street from my office. I am loaning my camera to one of them, and have been promised plenty of pics.

That's great, Carlsbadrolex! I admit, I thought of PMing you about this. ;)

You think your coworkers would be agreeable to reprinting some of the pics here?

Guest carlsbadrolex

They are taking the pics for me. I would be going except that I leave for a two day fishing trip in Mexico at 4am (4.5 hours from now). I was told that there are some pretty good pre-parties going on this evening in LaJolla, CA. (where I actually live).

They are taking the pics for me. I would be going except that I leave for a two day fishing trip in Mexico at 4am (4.5 hours from now). I was told that there are some pretty good pre-parties going on this evening in LaJolla, CA. (where I actually live).

LA JOLLA! What a beautiful, select city that is. You're a lucky dog, and fishing in Mexico to boot. Enjoy your weekend, CBR. I also never go to sleep before a trip -- too excited. ;)

P.S.: Hi Rolli. :bye1: Missing you around here.

EDIT: Look at the haul of "goodies" at a previous Risti GTG. Not bad! Greg Stevens, Micah, and others donated tonnes.

301331-2103.jpg

I would definitely wear my WM hommage. But ANOTHER trip to the conus in such short time is just insane lol so I wont go.

btw. what kind of accident was hammer in? i read something about it a long time ago, but i didnt really get into the details.