When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your thoughts on the 16613.......

txrob779

A week ago, on a impulse buy I bought a rather inexpensive rep of the 16613 in blue. I am a fan of the Asian 21j movement anyway. In pictures this watch looks vivid blue but on my wrist it looks more purple than blue. It has been a while since I was at anAD to look closer at this gen. I saw one today at breakfast on a guy wrist and it looked kinda purpleish too. IMO the pics of this look way more blue than it is in person. Anyway, here are some question for Rolex fans.

I think the mag is off, probally 1.5 or 2.0 if there is such a thing. Compared to my gen datejust and 16610 sub it looks smaller. The gold is great save for one thing, the lug link is only plated on top, not all the way around. It is hard to see if it is or isn't plated though.. I had a client in the other day with 16613 black, like 1999 model with the holes in the case and for 3 hours I tried to see that lug link on his and could not tell one way or then other.

Now the point...

I am going on a cruise and will playing cards, poker and black jack. I do not want get called out on the watch or look cheap (even though I am) but I want to wear it. What are your thoughts. I planned to take my 16610 and my PO but I may want to take this 16613 too.

Here are some pics I took today

302094-1770.jpg

302094-1771.jpg

302094-1772.jpg

302094-1773.jpg

Oka here it goes my 2 cents about this , i will not judge how the watch compares to the gen. as im not an expert for that maybe some other members can chime in on that ...

What i will say comes from my own experience ...

I recently puchased an asian 21 tt sub with gold serti dial ...

I wore it a few days and then stored it in my watchbox ... sole reason for that is i just cant pull it off and the constant beeing center of attention bugs me :)

I dont have the confidence, the dress style, or i move in this kinda circless ... so the obvious opinion is that its a replica ...

Maybe it woud be easyer to do it where noone knows me and i might give that a try but other then that the sole idea of the things mentioned above discurages me to wear that .

If ure werry self confident then this coud possibly fly and presuming u dont bump in a rolex expert ... i mean be prepared that people will be staring at ure wrist much more then wearing any SS watch ...

Regards laz

mmm... at very first sight, two easy to spot flaws: no gold in the sides of the end links, and open 9 in a modern model... after this, crown guards are way off (not even close to what you get today in cheap reps). Playing cards means your colleagues will have the chance of a close inspect... most of the people (except WIS) know about these flaws... but... I wouldn't take the risk

Guest carlsbadrolex

Dont do it. Card players wear nice watches, all will know the tell tale signs of the Rolex 16613. I have worn my genuine 16613 slate serti to play cards and EVERYONE comments on it. THEY WILL NOTICE, THEY WILL KNOW ITS A FAKE.

Thanks....I have a few gens, a Tag S/el, a 1603 Datejust, a good ss sub, and a Omega PO. I just for some reason am drawn to the 16613's. I am just going to have to drop some coin and get the best version I can find. More that likey a black MBW from TTK. I have seen some reviews on tha one and it looks passable for sure. I am anxious to see this PO too. It should be here on Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

I have Joshua's ETA 16613 BL. Pretty much the same watch as that. I wear it very frequently and I simply do not care what onlookers think. Here is why:

1/1000 people will know it is a fake for a good reason, ie the specific inaccuracies of the watch.

1/10 people will assume it is a fake just because they have such low self-esteem they have to accuse others of the same inferiority complex to sleep at night. These are the same group that will think it is a fake when it is actually a gen.

The rest will either;

- Not care what kind of watch you are wearing.

- Notice it is a Rolex without giving it a second thought.

- Complement you on your lovely expensive watch.

Good luck.

The good news is: from the picture, your date mag looks fine.

But as vmena pointed out, the three basic tells are open 6's and 9's on the date, no gold on the sides of the SEL's and crown guards that need to be trimmed.

But it will make a great "beater". Good for doing yard work, going to the gym, anything that you wouldn't want to tear up one of your good watches doing!