When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Arktos 092

seraphe

After reading all previous reviews on the Ultimate 092 (incl. one by taiji at RWI http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29738 which inspired me to pull this trigger), my order of this baby finally arrived! :D

302264-1666.jpg

Just a few pics to share.

(Pardon for the horrible pictures taken. These are the best I can do for now with a FinePix camera...)

I just love the stealthy look of the hands. Also, as mentioned in all previous reviews, the CG needs to be changed. It looks horrible!

302264-1667.jpg

The AR. It's not as much AR as the DSN marina, but still obvious in the light.

302264-1668.jpg

Again, the CG and the crown. This could use a palp or gen crown for mods.

302264-1669.jpg

The wrong caseback. Nevertheless, unless you own one or do a side by side with a gen, it's not significant.

302264-1670.jpg

Side view of the CG. The front surface (dial side) of the CG seems a little too flat. Isn't this side supposed to be concave curve over and under the lever and the thicker in the middle?

302264-1671.jpg

302264-1672.jpg

More wrist shot.

302264-1673.jpg

Lume shot. Taken in the filing cabinet of my office desk.

302264-1674.jpg

(PS: this is my 2nd PAM :p. Love it already!)

Edited by seraphe

After reading all previous reviews on the Ultimate 092 (incl. one by taiji at RWI http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29738 which inspired me to pull this trigger), my order of this baby finally arrived! :D

Never a dull moment with this watch.

From the excitement and the hunt to find one,voila ownership.

Mine, is from a brick and mortar shop ,that specializes in reps and not so reps (private, club like relationship that deals only after a kind of vocal registration).

I have mine for 10 days almost. Price circa $190.

First impressions:

1 The watch functions flawlessly.[ +5 seconds per 24 hours, (can be fixed, if craziness will get the best part of me)]

2.Innards,after inspection,are ETA clone,of good quality

3.Lume 's ok,though not perfect

The back though generally same as yours ,has different topography.( different maker ,maybe)

Minor(major? quibbles ):

1.The letters on the bezel scratch with tenacity that equals that of a wild cat.

2.After polishing the metal?parts with a cream and a soft poly cloth.(took out a lot of black sheen ,the bezel is more shinier than the rest ( found out why).

3.Practicing my favourite sport ,banging the watch on various obstacles, while walking,in the house,came upon a door,that shouldn't be there in the first place,and crashed it . Poor door, I thought, I have to fix the scratch with some paste or stucco and mend it ,before my wife find it . Yes....?

No sir, the door was there, solid and shiny, as a good mannered white painted door, must be. Then what???? ,I wondered .The noise from the banging was still echoing to my ears. My left hand went,by itself,mind you,and oooh!!!,something was flatter than usual. The itch that was expected to be there ,was gone,vanished through the thin air.

To cut a long, painful , story sort, A LETTER was missing. The E of the East was somewhere on the floor (found it an hour later).

But that is not all. Do you remember,what I said earlier about the more shiny bezel,after the polishing?

Here it comes...... The base of the letter is PLASTIC maybe ,with plated SS upon it. The gap is white ,the glue perhaps.

FYI, I will try to glue it ,the E, with some sort of magic.The thing is to small and the gap is ,oh,so tiny,OR , take the remaining letters OFF and paint the gaps with a silver or black enamel,thus personalizing the beast,no end. BLACK ARKTOS :rolleyes:

One thing 's for sure.I won't return the watch.The seller is only selling after all.No?

Truly Yours. ( Ah, Panerai,even reps can drive you nuts)

PS On Saturday I will have the Radiomir BLACK SEAL. Hopin' that good rep Lord ,up in heavens will show his Grace to me ,I'll buy it

Somehow I wrote a reply but didn't show up...

Anyways, great watch to both of you, although I rather have the rubber strap.

By the way, is this "Ultimate" the same as Angus offer? His is A7750, double AR, and if I'm not mistaken correct caseback. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share. I'm about to pull the trigger on this one.

Cheers and enjoy your watches!

... but I thought you loved rubber my dear friend! :)

M.

ahhhh Marco :lol:

where are you?

do you saw my new hand engraved Cortebert 616? Please notice this sun bursted winding wheel... i have more on stock... let me know if you want some for your watches :winkiss:

304013-284.jpg

304013-285.jpg

304013-286.jpg

304013-287.jpg

ahhhh Marco :lol:

where are you?

Hey Tourby, you old devil :)

I am back from some wonderful vacations in NY spent with my good friend Skcheng.

BTW I also have the Arktos and find it to be a damn good watch (paid 90usd for it to a street seller!).

I am now looking for a 089 anthracite dial...

Edited by madasboot

Hey Tourby, you old devil :)

I am back from some wonderful vacations in NY spent with my good friend Skcheng.

BTW I also have the Arktos and find it to be a damn good watch (paid 90usd for it to a street seller!).

I am now looking for a 089 anthracite dial...

Marco purchased the ONLY nice Arktos in all of Chinatown

I have an 089 dial/hands if you'd like to build your watch!! I have a spare Jimmy Fu case/bezel also.

You'll just need a 2893-2 Swiss movement from our friend Tourby :D

sherwin

Gorgeous piece! Are the direction letters inserted into cutouts in the bezel? I'd heard they were making a version w/ the letters screwed in, but those look pretty damn good!

Yes, the direction letters NSEW are inserted into the cutouts (as in not engraved, if that's what you want to know). This is not the screwed in version that is like the gen.

Here's some comparisons:

Gen:

304508-986.jpg

Ultimate 092:

304508-987.jpg

There're some differences:

• The NSEW and square markers are thinner than gen.
  • The slope of the curved edge not as smooth/gradual.
  • The teeth around the edge not as sharp/long.

But these differences are just microscopic and I'm just being anal :p

• 2 weeks later...

did you greet Angus of me? :D

i have appr. 10 genuine OEM PAM alligator straps... they are very expensive... list price is $250 - $350 each... but i bought them mostly on paneristi forum or on ebay for appr. $150 - $180 each

but if you don

A good deal on a croc deployant for the 44mm PAMs would be BOB. Not OEM, but bang for the buck. Moreover, great to deal with!

NEVER... never would go for croc grain... genuine alligator is not cheap... but it makes the DIFFERENCE :rolleyes:

go for gen. alligator :wub: