When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PVD Chrono Avenger Skyland

docblackrock

Not talking about the new Skyland - essentially an updated Ti Chrono Avenger in SS, no no no....

No, what I'm talking about the PVD (aka "Black Steel") version...:wub:

Thought I'd share this stealthy beauty with you all....

302437-1584.jpg

302437-1585.jpg

I know, it has something of a HBB about it, but is actually attractive :p

*cough* any dealers with factory contacts reading this? *cough* ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they do PVD right- the rep makers?

I've seen them cheap out on the black magic HBB, not using real PVD (I believe), so I'm a little skeptical. I think there are some PVD pams out there, though- so that would be a point in our favour.

I would love to get this. I need an avenger after selling mine recently.

On the "Black Steel", Breitling use a ti-carbon nitride-based PVD process that gives more of a gunmetal finish similar to the Bamford PVD vintage Rolexes (rather than that deep black B&R, Kobold, military type of PVD). I'm in no way an expert in PVD, and can't comment on the "PVD" used in the rep B&Rs, HBB, DSN Pams etc. but I'm reliably told that the process is not particularly difficult or expensive to reproduce, so here's hoping.

As for double AR, I'm told it is a given :D

Doc: you and I both wanted an old case Chrono Avenger....but if this baby comes out with "super rep" standards....Double AR correct size case....I will stop my search and be content! (as long as this rep is accurate) Keep up the fine work and keep on pushing quality over quickness...I woulld rather wait a bit longer and have them get it right. I have to say, the odds of them getting the black metal version perfect are pretty low...the SS version could really be 1:1...while the black version may look off compared to the gen. Does the maker have a genuine to rep from???

Edited by CY0811

You and me both CY :D

I expect super rep spec as this project is being pushed by a super rep dealer ;)

No credit for me, I just asked the question, got a positive response and have provided some specific details on request.

Both SS and PVD models will be made almost certain. Agree with your concerns about the PVD but I like a matt finish on my CAs hence my desire for the old Ti version. SS just looks a little too shiney for such a utilitarian tool watch IMO. The gen Blacksteel won't be available until 2008, so assume they'll 1:1 a normal Skyland and copy the details of the BS from pics and detailed spec.

i think the blacksteel version is already out. heres a link with some nice pics of the blacksteel.

@doc...maybe you can send these to angus or whoever the dealer is to help out the process.

this is my favorite breitling and once this comes out....if it does come out im all over it. :D

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...ev=&reveal=

• 4 weeks later...