When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PVD Chrono Avenger Skyland

docblackrock

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just ordered the gen...black face with ss bracelet. this is by far my favorite breitling so i thought i would spring for the real deal. ill post some pics when i get it.

You know I may well go down and have a little chat with my AD tomorrow also :D No promises mind. Look forward to seeing your pics my Italian friend ;)

Current timescales for forthcoming reps seems to be a painful process these days, I remember when they were firing them out every few weeks or so. The whole Aquatimer (CD07 and white standard chrono) mess and SD delay just seem par for the course these days, so much that my 'wants' get perpetually bumped.

You know I may well go down and have a little chat with my AD tomorrow also :D No promises mind. Look forward to seeing your pics my Italian friend ;)

Current timescales for forthcoming reps seems to be a painful process these days, I remember when they were firing them out every few weeks or so. The whole Aquatimer (CD07 and white standard chrono) mess and SD delay just seem par for the course these days, so much that my 'wants' get perpetually bumped.

i do have to agree with ya. i dont know if they are holding out on releasing these new reps or if they are seriously having this much trouble trying to get it correct.

ya it wasnt that bad....i sold a couple reps....i was half way there...and i got a pretty good deal... $3100 and she threw in a black leather strap as well. cant wait to get it....ill post a bunch of pics. should be here in a couple weeks.

If the so called PVD is crap on this i have a company im dealing with now who is doing PVD coat for my B&R, its TiAlN PVD. I let you know how it turns out

Someone said that the PVD on this breitling is TiCN PVD, well this company can also do this too.

Lets hope they (factory) gets it right the first time though as it would save a lot of hassle and effort. I hear the Breitling avenger series bezel is really difficult to remove

I liked to place a wager on the flaws...

First, I am really wondering if they are going to based on 1:1 specs? OR just use the existing SS chrono avenger case as pug shows above?

My gut tells me the Skyland rep will be 44mm... not 45mm like the gen... gimme my 1mm!!!

Second, is going to be the subdials... I guarantee they wont be split!!! simple flat ones like all the rest...

However, they did capture the detail on the SOSF... Prove me wrong!!!

Third, there is going to be debate as to the accuracy of the bezel!! AND, with the bezel, comes the pearl!!!

So there it is!

PP

@ Italiano: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!!!!

I saw one at the AD today and almost purchased it right on impulse. Bear in mind that i didn't trade my Super Avenger, so I thought twice about that. But on the other hand, the AD did have two Blacksteels on order and I'm on the waiting list.

i got the price down to $3100 with the pro II bracelet and she threw in a black calf leather strap. the pics i posted above re not mine...i will receive mine in 10 business days. she only had the blue face and i really wanted the black so she had to special order it for me. i will post a bunch of pics when i get it.

i ordered the ss version....i didnt get the blacksteel. i think the blacksteel is a limited edtion of 2000...very hard to get. this is the exact watch i got.

sky1pn5.jpg

sky2kf4.jpg

That is one of the best breitlings and watches Ive seen.....wow......you lucky guy. Enjoy and POST PICS WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CY0811

You latecomers querying the possibility of a rep Blacksteel, read this entire thread (p.s. I am the OP :D) and you'll see Angus has already had conversations with the same factory that made the first and best Ti CA and they are very keen to make it!!! In pre-production stage in fact, and they will do BOTH versions. I have already passed on exact spec of the PVD coating, whether they'll use it or not is another matter although it's not particularly expensive process to reproduce.

But prepare yourselves as I would bet they will use the same 44mm case as the CA whereas the Skyland uses a 45mm. But you know what, I'm prepared to lose that 1mm for such a gorgeous piece :wub: