When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superluminova

Victoria

The Cali 249 is on hold for the moment, so I am inquiring about the 112.

My dream for a while has been to own the Fiddy, then the 115 (a lovely Destro with polished CG), having already bought my third love, the 005 from TWP, which is being modded -- but David says the 112 has C3 lume. I presume this is "Superluminova", and that the gens would have this kind of lume, yes? Does the DSN Fiddy technically have this lume?

PAM 112

302923-990.jpg

PAM 115

302923-991.jpg

Which would you go for?

(It's about 100 dollars difference, but I am looking for best accuracy out the box)

my only concern that i see is that some of davidsens lume colour is "cartoonish" meaning kind of too apple green... but other members can answer it more deninitively.

My exact concern, posed in another thread, but never properly answered. I want long-lasting lume, of vibrant incandescence, not to look like the British Statue of Liberty guiding ships in the harbour.

Any first-hand experience would be of enormous help. :)

The one one two is pretty great. The other? Not so much, but really only because the color is off. Reluming can fix this.

It's funny, but I used to think PAMs without second hands were so plain Jane. But they are SO chic the more you look at the base models (210, as well).

The 112 with a plain OEM black strap...to die for. Saw it on the wrist of a Chinese girl the other day. Loved it.

my only concern that i see is that some of davidsens lume colour is "cartoonish" meaning kind of too apple green... but other members can answer it more deninitively.

You might have seen some done with other types of lume material. Real C3 Superluminova should all glow the same. It's the application that is varied and the art in the process. SOme of the modders are making their own blends and using catchy names. Like my Tequilla, I stick with what I know :p

My exact concern, posed in another thread, but never properly answered. I want long-lasting lume, of vibrant incandescence, not to look like the British Statue of Liberty guiding ships in the harbour.

Any first-hand experience would be of enormous help. :)

sssurfer is back :o ... he would give a definative.. but in the mean time.... Strap culture (photo section page 2) ... Paneristi... and the official Laboratorio panerai site has pics of the gen model.. i don't like to hypotesis unless i have seen the gen in person .. so you can look until you hear from sssurfer.. :D

My concern is that as far as I've seen in gen sausage dials, the non-lume color of the lume under sunlight or florescence lamps are more whitish than greenish. Most of the lume on reps I've seen seem to me more greenish. That's why I'm rather picky in selecting my PAMs.

That is why you have to pic the right lume for a relume job.

Some exaamples

Trictec SUPERLUMINOVA

Greenline in Daylight

303061-925.jpg

Greenline in Daylight charged

303061-926.jpg

Greenline at Night charged

303061-927.jpg

Blueline in Daylight

303061-928.jpg

Blueline in Daylight charged

303061-929.jpg

Blueline at Night charged

303061-930.jpg

C1 BG-W9 Daylight

303061-931.jpg

C1 BG-W9 Daylight charged

303061-932.jpg

C1 BG-W9 at Night charged

303061-933.jpg

Edited by NAVIGATER

That is why you have to pic the right lume for a relume job.

:clap2::clap::clap2:

Navigater, you're the best! A more helpful, generous member of the rep forums I've never seen. Not too sure I know these "swatch" differences shown, but it gives me a rough guide to learn more.

That's all anyone here can ask. THANKS! :)

:clap2::clap::clap2:

Navigater, you're the best! A more helpful, generous member of the rep forums I've never seen. Not too sure I know these "swatch" differences shown, but it gives me a rough guide to learn more.

That's all anyone here can ask. THANKS! :)

As you know you are always welcome!!

Greetings Navi ;)

Really thanks, Navi, for that great reference!

Odd that these color tables from rcTritec seem not very accurate (at least in their pic incarnation) as some former tables were.

Anyone interested may want to have a look at this question I posted some time ago, and the answers it received -- especially the one from The Zigmeister.

Here are those pics again, and some more details:

SL w/ matte varnish in daylight:

303134-862.jpg

SL w/ gloss varnish in daylight:

303134-863.jpg

SL lume:

303134-864.jpg

As for which color the Officine used, unfortunately there is no simple answer.

On several early models they seemed to use C1 for the hands, and C3 (or a mix 1/3 C1 + 2/3 C3) for the numbers and markers. Possibly because they wanted to keep a feeling of the previous Tritium lume.

On some later models with sausage dial (e.g. the 104) they kept a similar arrangement, while on other models (e.g. the 112) noone can spot a difference for sure between the dial and the hands: they all look C1 (or maybe 3/4 C1 + 1/4 C3).

The 115 pic from vbarrett looks C1-hands, C3-dial.

Honestly, given the chance that even a gen can get relumed, I would not worry too much about a perfect accurate lume color (with obvious exception for very specially lumed models like the 164), I would simply go for the one I like the most.

Just don't fall into the equation: C3 = silly green. Rather, the silly green colors are C5 and C7. C3 is a nice, slightly green color in daylight, and a gorgeous bright green lume in the dark -- by far the brighter lume among all SL colors. Personally, I surely prefer C3 over C1. Pls have a look at my 028 that has been relumed in full C3 (even if the lume pic came out too blue as I misssed to correct for white).

That are the last color tables they have.

I just got them last week

No doubt about it, I was by no means suggesting that your data were oudtated or what.

And thanks again for sharing!

No doubt about it, I was by no means suggesting that your data were oudtated or what.

And thanks again for sharing!

No probelm at all. Maybe i have to make better pictures if i have some time.

The pics where made very rushed this morning before i left the house to work.

Maybe i have to play a litte bit with my white balance on my cam

Greetings Navi ;)

Edited by NAVIGATER

maybe a noob question (I've been making a lot of these lately, but you all have been very helpful), but how does one go about getting their PAM re-lumed? I have 2 now and 2 on the way and I can tell they dont hold their lume like I was hoping. At the same time, I would like it done fairly cleanly. I have seen some where it looks "sloppy" to say the least.

Any guidance would be appreciated. :please:

maybe a noob question (I've been making a lot of these lately, but you all have been very helpful), but how does one go about getting their PAM re-lumed? I have 2 now and 2 on the way and I can tell they dont hold their lume like I was hoping. At the same time, I would like it done fairly cleanly. I have seen some where it looks "sloppy" to say the least.

Any guidance would be appreciated. :please:

We currently have a thread about such a project entrusted to a person called a 'modder', as these practioners are called in the rep world, so you may want to check it out as a cautionary tale.

But basically you have two options:

- When you buy it from certain collectors, but by no means all, you may have lume added to your order for a fee. This is true of Davidsen, The Watch Prince (TWP) and others who deal with such modifications (thus "modders", though note that Davidsen creates his own watches from scratch).

- But for the most part those of us who have already bought a watch want to have certain things done to improve its appearance, or to make it more authentic/correct. That's when you contact these modders, who range from expert to just starting-out in skill. They include The Zigmeister in Canada, Vaccum in the US, Repaustria and Navigater in the EU, amongst a wealth of other notable names to be found in our forums.

I know all n00bs get told this (including myself!), but to hit "search" above, is to find a treasure trove of info. Good luck!

No problem. I appreciate the info. But at the same time I have noticed that the search function on this forum is less than perfect. But I shall look around. Thank you again. :D

We currently have a thread about such a project entrusted to a person called a 'modder', as these practioners are called in the rep world, so you may want to check it out as a cautionary tale.

But basically you have two options:

- When you buy it from certain collectors, but by no means all, you may have lume added to your order for a fee. This is true of Davidsen, The Watch Prince (TWP) and others who deal with such modifications (thus "modders", though note that Davidsen creates his own watches from scratch).

- But for the most part those of us who have already bought a watch want to have certain things done to improve its appearance, or to make it more authentic/correct. That's when you contact these modders, who range from expert to just starting-out in skill. They include The Zigmeister in Canada, Vaccum in the US, Repaustria and Navigater in the EU, amongst a wealth of other notable names to be found in our forums.

I know all n00bs get told this (including myself!), but to hit "search" above, is to find a treasure trove of info. Good luck!