When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$600 to spend...

tag

I have $600-700 to spend on a watch.

Lately I've been looking at gen entry level 7750 such as Hamilton Jazzmaster, and at chinese tourbillon as well.

I have none of these complications in my divers collection so far...

What would you do?

Any recommendation on gen 7750 in that price range?

Any feedback on chines tourbillon (except narika's story)?

Thanks!!!

If I was in your position, and I wish I was, with exactly that amount to spend on one watch, I would get Joshua Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars Real Flying Tourbillon. At $598, it is within your price range, and the tourbillon complication is one of the most sought-after and highly-respected modifications you can have on a replica watch. This is, however, no fantasy rep - it is actually a very close copy of the Jules Audemars Classic Collection tourbillon - priced at about $270,000 USD.

For another $80, you can get authentic looking box, and papers for the watch.

I would definitely buy this watch, but I don't have the dough... I just bought a Cartier Santa

Just buy whatever you've had your eye on that you've been afraid to burn the coin on. A gluttonous indulgence is good for the soul every once in a while (even if you overspend on it a bit). It's called "retail therapy". :)

On a side note, I also like Corgi's idea. If I had my druthers, I'd buy an IWC Cousteau for the $370 and swap the movement with a swiss 7750. Beautiful.

Edited by gioarmani

i just bought from a fellow mwmber the 029 with eta2893-2 movement for that amount...lately bought the AP ROO End of Days for the same amount...now if I had that amount to spend...I'd go for a tourbillon or MBW PP Nautilus...phoband got a nice tourby for that amount...really nice one...check his post...you'll fell in love!

I would get the hamiton used,,,that way you can try it out and if you get a good deal you can sell it for what you paid. I like the hamitons, but the lack of AR and the undecorated movement made me sell them in the end. I had that Philip 7750 also, nice but so much reflection you really can't see the dial and it also didn't have a decorated movement. Actually, right now on the poor man's watch forum, there is a Plasmir milgraph going for less than 600, this will sell in the next few hours I bet. I would pick it up if I had the money laying around.

http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/SalesForum/web...ames;read=72643

If I was in your position, and I wish I was, with exactly that amount to spend on one watch, I would get Joshua Audemars Piguet Jules Audemars Real Flying Tourbillon. At $598, it is within your price range, and the tourbillon complication is one of the most sought-after and highly-respected modifications you can have on a replica watch. This is, however, no fantasy rep - it is actually a very close copy of the Jules Audemars Classic Collection tourbillon - priced at about $270,000 USD.

Sounds good but not realistic at all !!

I refrain from buying reps from brands that are really not in my wallet range. Otherwise it is really obvious to anybody it is a fake.

So I'd stay in the chinese tourbi or classic chrono.

By the way, how are the asian chrono or tourbi you've got?

The asian 7750 in my PAM is crappy, so I'm not so keen into getting a rep chrono, I may be wrong!

Guest pamfried
I have $600-700 to spend on a watch.

Lately I've been looking at gen entry level 7750 such as Hamilton Jazzmaster, and at chinese tourbillon as well.

I have none of these complications in my divers collection so far...

What would you do?

Any recommendation on gen 7750 in that price range?

Any feedback on chines tourbillon (except narika's story)?

Thanks!!!

Get my MBW AP ROO!! :)

Cheers!!