When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK...so who has the best SMP?

Guest lunaholic

Guest lunaholic

Ok, I got my flame suit on and ready to be flamed.....

Here I go!

"Who has the best SMP?" ???????? you know..the bond watch but without that phony 007 mark on it....the regular one...

:mellow::huh:^_^:o;):p:D:lol:B):rolleyes:-_-<_<:):wub::angry::(:unsure::blink::1a::animal_rooster::bangin::bounce::brow::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok Then!! I think I have the best one.............it was made by a small company called Omega. Very accurate!!! :o

Sorry could'nt resist, You will get plenty of responses about what is available. Have a look through the Omega section and you will probably find some answers to your question. Enjoy the hobby!

Someone recently posted about an updated version they got from Silix that looked more accurate to me than anything else recently, but I'm having trouble finding the post. Unfortunately the Silix website has old and inaccurate pictures up of this rep, the one they recently sent to this person was much better than what is on their site.

The best ones were out in late 2004. The Zigmeister and Bazz have one each. They were 007 limited edition models, and had a perfect case, good pearl, great bracelet. I arrived on the rep scene after they were all gone :(

The second best ones came out in February 2005. These had a slightly less accurate case (thicker, HEV placed lower than it should be), but a great dial, and great bracelet. Still the best bracelet on any rep i own. There's one in the FS section. Be quick, it won't be there long

That version has got progressively worse as time has passed. They still use the same case, but the bracelet has moved to screws (due to the original being a pain to resize), and the dial has mysteriously lost its 3 o'clock marker recently.

I agree with the post above. The best one out at the moment is the SMP Chrono.

The best ones were out in late 2004. Ziggy and Bazz have one each. They were 007 limited edition models, and had a perfect case, good pearl, great bracelet. I arrived on the rep scene after they were all gone :(

Yeah, except that those watches had shitty movements. They were advertised as ETA, but were actually very bad Chinese copies. Very good copies visually though... I recall even Ziggy got fooled. Same shaky movement was used in those Aqua Terras with display backs.

The second best ones came out in February 2005. These had a slightly less accurate case (thicker, HEV placed lower than it should be), but a great dial, and great bracelet. Still the best bracelet on any rep i own.

Yep. This one. I agree about the bracelet... and I still love mine.

304525-970.jpg

Seagull ST18s, if memory serves me well.

Indeed it does,

305988-228.jpg

and a Omega 1120

305988-229.jpg

I dont think they are that bad a movement as you dont hear to many problems with them but they always seem to be advertised as ETA 2892.

Unfortunately mine did become problematic so I installed an ETA

305988-230.jpg

A lot of you can tell at a glance but for those who can tell here is a quick comparison of the Swiss and Asian 2892

305988-231.jpg

305988-232.jpg

Easiest tell is the regulator is riveted on the Asian and you can also see the pegs on the bridges.

If I can recall correctly my bond smp cost around the $220-$250 mark.

So, by-tor, one that silix offers right now is different than yours?

How's the bracelet different from yours?

Man...almost pulled trigger on silix's smp.....maybe I should wait....hmmm <_<

I have no idea... sorry man. I don't go to dealers' websites at all. I don't even know the URL to Silix. Perhaps you could post a pic of their SMP?

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a link for their SMP

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1319

And Here are some of Silix's Picture of SMP

http://www.rwg.cc/members/uploads/remoteim.../306057-183.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/uploads/remoteim.../306057-184.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/uploads/remoteim.../306057-185.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/uploads/remoteim.../306057-186.jpg

Now....do you see any difference in their bracelet from yours?? want to make sure before I pull the trigger....thanks in advance mate!

So what are the news? Did you get this SMP from silix?

I'm badly looking to buy one

Edited by Tchock

I too came to this scene too late for one of the better ones but I just got one @ the weekend from one of our dealers,

I gave very specific instructions

Swiss ETA

Lume marker at 3oclock

bezel pearl central in the triangle ( I've seen some awful ones)

He got me one with all of the above, and a big bonus was that it had pins in the bracelet and not screws as I was expecting, I'm well pleased with it .

I too came to this scene too late for one of the better ones but I just got one @ the weekend from one of our dealers,

I gave very specific instructions

Swiss ETA

Lume marker at 3oclock

bezel pearl central in the triangle ( I've seen some awful ones)

He got me one with all of the above, and a big bonus was that it had pins in the bracelet and not screws as I was expecting, I'm well pleased with it .

That seems interesting...where did you get it from?