When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need movt service! Can't find Ziggy's site anymore.

stang

To All,

I accidentally dropped my SMP 300M chrono today (~3 feet onto hardwood floor) and somehow bent the minute hand or something. Now, the crown can't move the minute hand past the 11 position. The face/hands don't look messed up w/o very close inspection, but the watch won't work properly because the min hand can't move past the 11 position.

I love this watch (I've been wearing it every day since I bought it in March), so I'm really bummed out about this. :( I need to get the watch repaired so, of course, my first thought was to contact The ZigmeisterZumba for work.

Unfortunately, I can't locate his web site anymore and I can't send him a message either. Does anyone know how The Zigmeister can be contacted? If for some reason The Zigmeister has decided to stop providing watch repair service (a tragedy of epic proportions), where else can I get repair service on my SMP 300M chrono replica? This watch has the Asia 7750 movement. Who else offers replica repair services? (I live in New Jersey, U.S.A. if that makes a difference)

My sincerest thanks go out to anyone who can help me obtain service for my baby. I am bummed out beyond words right now. :black_eye:

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Sincerest Regards,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I found this post from the master from another site after a Google search

My website has been deleted...it's gone.

In September after summer break, I will have something new in place.

Short version of why you can't reach me:

I was burnt on many occasions in the past (24-16 months ago) by RBJ (I know it's been so peaceful with his name gone, sorry to bring it up). By being burnt I mean someone sent a watch to him for work, they got it back with all sorts of problems, damage, defects, etc...and then these watches were sent to me for repair. I would look at the watch, let the customer know what I found, and then get PM after PM, emails, phone calls from the master himself (RBJ the sweettalker who could sell a fridge to an eskimo) about how I was "bad mouthing" him in front of his customers.

Well you can fill in the rest of that story, and it was also played out here on RWG many times, and with RBJ doing everything he could to slander me and blame me for such redicoulus things like his "Health Issues"...

So, why am I telling you this? and why here in the open?

Simple, as I read posts, anyone who had work in with Joe, or who supported Joe in the open, on the forum, went on my blacklist. What everyone saw him do in the open on the forum, was only a small sample of what he did behind closed doors... I know the real person behind the persona, it's not pretty...

So in your case, you had a ladies YM with Joe, and maybe some other work as well. Due to all the crap I had to endure from offering to work on a RBJ "masterpiece", I decided to make my life easier, and blocked/banned anyone who ever delt with Joe or supported him. It was a decision I had to make, given the crap he was sending my way, everytime I exposed his awful workmanship and snake oil services.

I am not going to mention RBJ again, he's a non entity as far as I am concerned. Good riddence...

So dont' take it personally, I did what I had to do, to keep this a hobby and fun, and get rid of the harrassement.

Not sure what you or anyone makes of my thinking, but if you were in my shoes, after getting Joe started in watch mods, then discovering how he was scamming everyone, and bad mouthing me everywhere he turned, I think most folks would do the same thing...

RG

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

1) The Zigmeister is AWESOME!! His advice, instruction, knowledge, direction, insight, etc., etc. are invaluable resources for all us members. Ditto for the repair and maintenance services he provides.

To this I'll add...

2) Anyone who claims The Zigmeister is unscrupulous, misleading, overpriced, unethical, unknowledgeable, arrogant or over-rated is ignorant to the point of "Guiness Book of World Record" proportions. At the very least, they have some un-even number of chromosomes in their body.

3) The Zigmeister is probably the single greatest thing to happen to RWG. Losing him and his services would be a tradegy.

As for my dilemma, upon further inspection, it seems that I dislodged/loosened the minute hand from the post. This seems to be why I have trouble setting the time or getting it to work properly. I'm unable to find detailed instructions (with pictures) on how to access the face & hands on a SMP 300M chrono replica. I would consider trying to re-fix the hands to the post if I knew how to access the face properly. However, things like removing the crown, pushers, movement and other nuances of disassembly (& subsequest re-assembly) are too scary to consider w/o proper instructions specific to this model.

If anyone knows where I could find this type of guide please let me know since I don't know if/when The Zigmeister will be back and when he would be able to look at my watch. It's driving me crazy not being able to wear my watch.

Thanks for the replies b16a2 and L-dizzle.

Regards,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

tedbears,

With regard to your question below, I found the following site during my search in The Zigmeister's absence.

Any have a watchmaker recommendation until The Zigmeister gets back?

This is the link to the other repair site.

http://www.tmpco.com/ratetxt.html

However ... Please read the quote from The Zigmeister I posted before attempting service from another source!! I don't know if this is the person to whom The Zigmeister is refering to in his post but caveat emptor (sp?) or buyer beware.

Since The Zigmeister is back I would wait until he can service your watch. I'm scheduled for early November so perhaps you can get mid November timeframe if you PM him now.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but Ziggy did some work on my Slevin and the minute hand came loose.

I have been out of the game as I have been busy raising 3 and 4 year old girls :)

I would prefer not to have anyone else touch this watch so can someone pm me how to email the master

Thx

JJ