When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For our US DirectTV Panny lovers

georgegrasser

Back OT topic then, yes great film (no Oscar winner but you don't feel cheated out of 2 hours of your life...) even moreso as the Panerai in question is my all-time favourite, the glorious (and now sadly discontinued) anthracite-dialled PAM091.

Wheaton has one here, and is still resisting my efforts to prise it from his wrist. C, you reading this? One day my friend, an innocent little poker game when I'm out in the Islands and *BAM!!!* she'll be all mine, mwahahahaha....

^^^^ Well, I've already given my thoughts on the 91 :whistling:

Almost ahead of its time, the anthracite dial was deemed a little too contemporary which is a shame. The Ti case and SS/Ti bracelet just sets it off perfectly, can't explain in any other way that would make sense. IMO you can stick your 111H's where the sun don't shine, when faced with this beauty - I had the chance a couple of years ago and made the mistake of thinking about it for a couple of days.....by the time I returned it had gone :cry:

Ah well, ships that pass in the night, maybe one day *sigh*

p.s. interesting bit in the film, where Woody comments on PB's character's lifestyle, complimenting him on the Pam before asking 'how much?'...to which PB replies...'about a couple of grand...WTF?! Now hold on, if that's USD then I'll take two :lol:. Woody later goes out and buys the same watch, very uncool.

Wheaton has one here, and is still resisting my efforts to prise it from his wrist. C, you reading this? One day my friend, an innocent little poker game when I'm out in the Islands and *BAM!!!* she'll be all mine, mwahahahaha....
lol, i missed that in your original post. as far as the poker game goes ... bring the noise! another little tidbit of information is that both panerai's in the movie were purchased right here in the bahamas. i just found this out from my buddy at the local ad about two weeks ago. here are a few stills from the film ...

305864-280.jpg

305864-281.jpg

305864-282.jpg

305864-283.jpg

305864-284.jpg

305864-285.jpg

305864-286.jpg

How can something be reped and not be reped anymore?

I can't express how disappointed I am.

Titanium/Steel bracelets are not all that hard to make.

I'm checking with WackoBirdKeeper to see if he can get me a Power Reserve. It wil be my first PAM bracelet.

i'm not sure if you are talking about the watch or the bracelet? the 091 has never been repped but the sister model 165 (in brushed and polished steel) has and is still available. as far as the titanium and steel bracelets ... they are hard to find but still pop up from time to time. last year i couldn't find one so i bought an all brushed steel bracelet and a titanium and polished steel bracelet. i took them both apart to make a titanium and brushed steel bracelet and a regular polished and brushed steel bracelet. i have since sold both but the titanium one was amazing!

In fact, Bush is killing me on the installment plan. $1,127 per month disability, I am suppose to live on this for the rest of my life. I'm 45. It has been three years. I still can't figure out how to do it.
Allow me to first dry my eyes.

How did you lose 90% of your money in the market? The average return for the last 20 years has been quite good, especially during the 90s....long term the stock market has been pretty good investment barring some violent catastrophe or natural disaster. Chavez and Castro may have "stood up to Bush" but I can assure you your $1,127 a month for posting on a watch forum is far less than the average income of a working person not a disabled person in Cuba and Venezuela. You'd be lucky to own a computer, afford the electricity and have high speed internet to enjoy the internet in either of those countries thanks to the despotic regimes of their dictators.

We had just, finally happily, moved on from politics in this thread, WT. And now you come. Come on, help us out. :(

If you think I don't want to riposte too, you're wrong, but some folks know when it's appropriate or not. Let's talk about watches...

How did you lose 90% of your money in the market? The average return for the last 20 years has been quite good, especially during the 90s....long term the stock market has been pretty good investment barring some violent catastrophe or natural disaster. Chavez and Castro may have "stood up to Bush" but I can assure you your $1,127 a month for posting on a watch forum is far less than the average income of a working person not a disabled person in Cuba and Venezuela. You'd be lucky to own a computer, afford the electricity and have high speed internet to enjoy the internet in either of those countries thanks to the despotic regimes of their dictators.

It's OK. You don't have to cry for me. I am a man. It is hard going through life with the easy calculation to the exact month that I will be flat broke. Not suited as a vagabond I will probably have to self terminate at that time. You are right. All my mutual funds when up and therefore I have some money. I had to put all my cash is a risky stock portfoilo that included mostly shares of

World Comm in a failed bid to get vistation of my daughter that was judicially kidnapped.

So I lost all my mony and my child. I'm not to fond of a country that would allow that to happen to a person simply because he is male. But I live here. I don't have to move.

Although TTK really needs some help.

I'll say this much, that Pam is beutifull, but when i first saw that film..The last thing on my mind was the watch, they meant nothing to me at the time. I was missing out on soo much :o

On a side note, Mr. Pierce is by far the best Bond IMO. you can keep the new balding bond.

And Salma..oh Salma.. what a gift to mankind no mexican women can ever look as good as her.

Now that you mentioned divorce courts and lawyers I can see how you lost complete faith in the system...you know one alternative and I'm actually not being sarcastic is to move to a really low cost country like Colombia or Argentina until you regroup. The women are really beautiful and sweet and your fixed income would go a lot further down there. You could take language classes or something enriching or do volunteer work there. Of course it would be hard to see your kid from another country. I was actually going to guess you invested in Enron or some dot com company. Worldcom is pretty bad...I hope Bernie Ebbers rots in jail the rest of his life.