When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you do when your wife decides to toss a purse?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

You cut it apart, spend $25 on a hole punch, leather glue, some leather needles and thread and make straps. I have NEVER done this before, and as is apparent, I am not the best at sewing! I am fairly pleased with the look, and will try to find a pattern for stitching them. That was my big problem... I still have about 2 square feet of leather, so I will try this again!!! It was kinda fun actually!

Anyway, heres a couple pics.

e7f99ad4.jpg

e7f99ac8.jpg

e7f99ab0.jpg

e7f9992b.jpg

e7f99ad4.jpg

WHAT NO WAY! Carlsbadrolex that's an awesome first effort. Even the proficient FxrAndy's first effort wasn't as good.

After you divorce your wife (for buying a DOONEY & BURKE purse, WTF!), I wish you many many happy sales of that strap, once proficiency is gained.

I'm down for one already. :)

After you divorce your wife (for buying a DOONEY & BURKE purse, WTF!), I wish you many many happy sales of that strap, once proficiency is gained.

Bought my wife a D&B last month that she had been spying for quite a while for her 50th...

I'll make sure she knows that she should divorce me for it...

TT

PS: Guess I never was known for having any class <_<

Bought my wife a D&B last month that she had been spying for quite a while for her 50th...

I'll make sure she knows that she should divorce me for it...

TT

PS: Guess I never was known for having any class <_<

Poor TT. You're not the first guy to fall under the "buying the wife a nice purse" dustbin of bad taste.

Look no further than my father, who went out and bought this Christian Laboutin bag [ R ], because he was sadly mistaken about quality women's purses.

christianlouboutinfugbaji8.jpg

Looks like Sasquatch mated with Christina Onassis and gave birth to Cousin It from the Addams Family. Ay.

Poor TT. You're not the first guy to fall under the "buying the wife a nice purse" dustbin of bad taste.

Look no further than my father, who went out and bought this Christian Laboutin bag [ R ], because he was sadly mistaken about quality women's purses.

christianlouboutinfugbaji8.jpg

Looks like Sasquatch mated with Christina Onassis and gave birth to Cousin It from the Addams Family. Ay.

I know you have to be joking. No man would buy that purse unless he was angry at his wife!

I know you have to be joking. No man would buy that purse unless he was angry at his wife!

Maybe he was! :lol: :lol: :o

No, seriously. She tried returning it to the shop, but other countries' return policies are not the same as in the good ole US of A. They said it was used, and that they smelt perfume on it, so not even store credit.

I think she took it eventually to a consignment shop. Not sure what happened there, but their marriage has survived.

@VB

I think you misread my post...

My wife had been spying the purse for quite sometime...

Her pick, her chose...

However, I happen to agree with her...

TT

Her current collection is:

D&B's~

dnbr18439ad84c7hm1.jpg

dnbr17839ade3dfnx3.jpg

dnbr18039ae5258op6.jpg

LV's~

p10022705phhero39b05b47vc6.jpg

p11277275phhero39b1eff1jy3.jpg

p11224501phhero39b2c60doh9.jpg

And her Burberry~

pbur3657395t251x30939b5ja9.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Thanks for the comments... Im already cutting more strips out of her purse! She thought I was kidding when I said I was going to make watch straps out of it. I am going to try to pick up some leather die tomorrow and see if I can get anything close to black out of this.

As for the purse situation... this was her only D&B. She does however own half of the Coach purses and wallets that have been put out since we got together four years ago. I seriously think she has nearly 20 of them and about 5 wallets.

Her most recent addition was the Coach soft sided brief case that she was given when she took her new job. DAMN that would make some nice straps!!!

I feel MUCH LESS guilty about purchasing watches when I know she has recently been given a new purse. BUT, if she ever realized that the watches usually follow the purses pretty closely Im not sure she would be too pleased!