When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer II - 16570

World Traveller

I received my first replica yesterday and so far I am very happy with it. It is a Rolex Explorer II with white face. I had been told this was a good watch to get for a replica from other watch collectors. I picked it up with the adjustable GMT and ETA movement from PT.

Overall I'm very happy with it and I think this is a very good replica. Adjusting the links is easy with the screw out links (just need a real tiny screw driver, such as one used for eyeglasses). Where it falls short for me is the feel of it, the bracelet edges feel a little rough and when you hold the watch it doesn't have the same feel as a high end watch. The clasp to lock the bracelet is little rough to the touch. Just from appearance it is excellent, but it falls a little short in the feel department. I'd be curious to hear from other owners of this rep or if there are any Gen owners to know how it compares. I think visually it is remarkable.

Without further ado, here are the pictures.

Rolex-Explorer-II-1.jpg

Rolex-Explorer-II-3.jpg

Rolex-Explorer-II-2.jpg

Rolex-Explorer-II-4.jpg

That's a beautiful watch! Is the GMT hand adjustable in 1 hour jumps (such that is clicks between each hour) or is it smoothly adjustable over the whole range?

The GMT hand is adjustable smoothly over the whole range. I'm looking forward to utlizing this feature when I travel. For now I just have it set to Greenwich Mean Time. Do most people set it to a different time zone or leave it at GMT when they are travelling?

Where it falls short for me is the feel of it, the bracelet edges feel a little rough and when you hold the watch it doesn't have the same feel as a high end watch. The clasp to lock the bracelet is little rough to the touch. Just from appearance it is excellent, but it falls a little short in the feel department. I'd be curious to hear from other owners of this rep or if there are any Gen owners to know how it compares. I think visually it is remarkable.

We have to bear in mind that these are reps and not highend gens, that said have you held a brand new sub bracelet, i did the other day and i have to say that i prefered the feel of my noob mariner one that i polished the sides my self, The gen one did not feel like is should have been on a 4k plus watch. I good clean and polish or the rep strap will make it feel better, you could re polish the sides of the links with a dremil and that would get rid of the sharp feel to it.

Have a look here i did a small review on the one i got from silix with the cream dial.

I'd be curious to hear from other owners of this rep or if there are any Gen owners to know how it compares. I think visually it is remarkable.

Great watch. I have owned both white and black version. Although my watches were "hour hand settable" versions. See the reviews here:

White version

Black version

congrats on a great choice. I too have the white correct hand stack version that bytor just spoke about, and I can tell you its an amazing time piece. of all r0lexs I would have to say its the only one other than a sedweller that I would buy a gen version of.

I am actually collecting parts right now to close the gap between my rep and the gen. I've sourced a gen crown, tube, clasp with a few links and gen spring bars. I'm hoping for a gen dial as well, but $400 is a bit steep for me right now.

as for your bracelet, follow the directions which can be found a few places on a few of the boards and you will be much happier.

well, wear it well....

WOW!! Nice watch! I owned a BLK EXPII (Wrong Hand-stack version) before. Seems this version much better that mind which already sold! One thing need to confirm: Is it the "Black-colour edge" or "Silver-colour edge" of the marker on dial?

Wear it well!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Great watch. I have owned both white and black version. Although my watches were "hour hand settable" versions. See the reviews here:

White version

Black version

By-Tor, your reviews were a big help picking out a watch. In addition to this one I have a Tag Aquaracer chrono coming soon and for fun I ordered the new Rolex Air-King Steel with Blue Concentric Dial. I'm not sure if the Air-King will be a great rep but I love the design of this watch and it wasn't too expensive. I'll post in depth picts of it when it comes.

It is gun metal grey kind of edge on the markers (not pure black) and it is Wrong hand stack (GMT hand not at the top).

I believe wrong hand stack is a good choose. It's very difficult to notice that & problem free also. Also; have u found "sloppy rehaut" with your new version?

Best Regards,

Raymond

I believe wrong hand stack is a good choose. It's very difficult to notice that & problem free also. Also; have u found "sloppy rehaut" with your new version?

Best Regards,

Raymond

Yes if you look at the last picture, the wrist shot, there is one small error on the rehaut, look at the 10 marker to the left. Other than that the piece is clean. I would have to see the gen next to it but from pictures I've seen the rehaut is same angle and looks the same.

One thing I really like about this watch is the movement. It sweeps really smoothly and it has a nice power reserve. I purchased the new Tag Aquaracer Chrono rep with the Asian 7750 movement and I can tell the difference in the smoothness. Maybe it is just my perception or some illusion but the Rolex with the ETA is more pleasing to look at and adjust. I would be hesitant to pay big bucks (for a rep anyway) for a "super rep" with the Asian 7750, but I do enjoy the fact that the date wheels and other things all function on the Tag and the chronos work.

Edited by World Traveller

Yes if you look at the last picture, the wrist shot, there is one small error on the rehaut, look at the 10 marker to the left. Other than that the piece is clean. I would have to see the gen next to it but from pictures I've seen the rehaut is same angle and looks the same.

One thing I really like about this watch is the movement. It sweeps really smoothly and it has a nice power reserve. I purchased the new Tag Aquaracer Chrono rep with the Asian 7750 movement and I can tell the difference in the smoothness. Maybe it is just my perception or some illusion but the Rolex with the ETA is more pleasing to look at and adjust. I would be hesitant to pay big bucks (for a rep anyway) for a "super rep" with the Asian 7750, but I do enjoy the fact that the date wheels and other things all function on the Tag and the chronos work.

Thx for your update! Your EXPII is the best I even saw; wear it in good heal!

BTW; you mention about got it from PT; PT is "Puretime" or "Precious Time"? They're different dealer.....

I should re-consider to get my EXPII again.....

Also; ETA absolutely much better & smooth than Asian movement. For me I don't mind to buy new A7750 28.8k; but I only buy the non-modded one (12-9-6 or 3-6-9 sub-dial with sec@9). Because most of the Chrono watches are too dawn beautiful, sexy & evil to refuse...... ;)

Cheers,

Raymond

Thx for your update! Your EXPII is the best I even saw; wear it in good heal!

BTW; you mention about got it from PT; PT is "Puretime" or "Precious Time"? They're different dealer.....

I should re-consider to get my EXPII again.....

Also; ETA absolutely much better & smooth than Asian movement. For me I don't mind to buy new A7750 28.8k; but I only buy the non-modded one (12-9-6 or 3-6-9 sub-dial with sec@9). Because most of the Chrono watches are too dawn beautiful, sexy & evil to refuse...... ;)

Cheers,

Raymond

I got the EXP II from Precious in the UK. It was funny because I ordered from UK dealer thinking it would get here faster to my home in East coast of USA. The thing ends up shipping from China! If he has it on hand it ships from UK though. He's really good customer service.

I agree about the 7750, that Jacques Cousteau one is mighty tempting, but I'm thinking I'd like to vary my new collection with a Titanium piece or a leather strap watch.

I got the EXP II from Precious in the UK. It was funny because I ordered from UK dealer thinking it would get here faster to my home in East coast of USA. The thing ends up shipping from China! If he has it on hand it ships from UK though. He's really good customer service.

I agree about the 7750, that Jacques Cousteau one is mighty tempting, but I'm thinking I'd like to vary my new collection with a Titanium piece or a leather strap watch.

That mean Precious dropship to u & no QC before ship........ <_<

That mean Precious dropship to u & no QC before ship........ <_<

disappointing that he told me on email that he QC's all watches before shipping. Obviously not. Im hoping that for a UK order, he has the watch shipped to him, QC checks it and then sends it on to the end user - whats the chances?