When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updates at the Replica Watch Report

audemarsdan

Why not? I thought this was an interesting discussion.

Well I only posted my opinion after this post hit my face... I had been holding

my thoughts since the booklets release... which by the way back then, was

not so well received.. as you can imagine a fellow member taking advantage of

our insights for profit, when there were & are numerous other members who could

or can do the same, but thought otherwise....for various reasons I thought too

obvious to mention...

But since he is a 'respected' member of TRC... and an friend to some, and

my views were looked at with glazed, amused eyes..I think it best to let it drop...

I have finally spoken my view,.. that is enough.

Peace.. :victory:

I think Richard Brown is doing great job with the book. He knows his stuff and based on what I've read from him he seems like a gentleman. And there IS a need for a book like this, definitely.

Like I said, RT has a point. A book like this might help average watch people to spot replicas and avoid scam. But for us (as a community) it's probably not a good thing to get ANY more "mainstream publicity" and coverage.

Despite the books' original purpose this kind of documentation increases the awarness and demand of the high-end fakes, which will automatically increase the effort of the copyright holders to start getting more interested in us.

I don't know exactly how the "big wheel" of replica industry operates so don't take my words as a gospel. This is just my "gut feeling" of things (and probably RT's too).

Maybe I'm exaggerating... if they can't get sites like Replicacenter offline (which I'm sure makes hundreds of thousands, if not millions from blatantly abusing the copyrights) we have nothing to worry about... and when we talk about Richard's book we still talk about small numbers. And maybe I'm just selfish when I think we should keep this community "underground". That's probably not in our dealers' interest, either. More people, more business, more profit... the question is how much more "mainstream" we should get?

Too often when someone is offering a different opinion or viewpoint people take the debate to a personal level. ;) I think this makes an interesting discussion.

Edited by By-Tor

Too often when someone is offering a different opinion or viewpoint people take the debate to a personal level. ;) I think this makes an interesting discussion.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: totally agree! And this is an interesting discussion in my opinion too.

Well at least you see the other side of the coin By-Tor,.. much more insight that some others have

show thus far.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Maybe you are correct that his book could have an impact on accuracy, though I tend to think

it's our money that has the greater effect...

As for useful ....? Yes to people that don't have access to you and others like you....

Well. I think it is sad. I have been asked about my watches on about 10 different occassions and have always identified them as replicas right off the bat. I buy them because they are sweet ass looking watches that I derive pleasure from. It is a hobby that would not exist for me if there were no reps because I would NEVER put my money into a genuine. So yes, some of us are not trying to fool the world. If you are telling people that your replicas are real, then you are just lying to yourself.

Haha thats some funny stuff, yea I guess I wake up and lie to myself every morning. Just today I convinced myself I was a millionare but that damn Amex just didnt go thru for that lambo purchase ;)

Doesn't matter if you tell others that you are wearing a rep or not, simply by wearing a rep on yoru wrist you are making a statement about yourself and like it or not people do notice what a person has on his wrist and if you believe otherwise then you are fooling nobody but yourself. The reason the watch you are wearing is "sweet ass looking" is because its a replica of a expensive model so like it or not you are lying to the world even if you dont intend on.

Edited by exper

Haha thats some funny stuff, yea I guess I wake up and lie to myself every morning. Just today I convinced myself I was a millionare but that damn Amex just didnt go thru for that lambo purchase ;)

Doesn't matter if you tell others that you are wearing a rep or not, simply by wearing a rep on yoru wrist you are making a statement about yourself and like it or not people do notice what a person has on his wrist and if you believe otherwise then you are fooling nobody but yourself. The reason the watch you are wearing is "sweet ass looking" is because its a replica of a expensive model so like it or not you are lying to the world even if you dont intend on.

Hardly anyone notices what I'm wearing.... so it is therefore more for self-satisfaction than showing it off as it once was - because no one looks or cares!