When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess the Gen!

Desuetude

Well, considering it is my only gen of value, it is indeed my vintage "mystery" patek whose reference number is unknown and serial identification is long forgotten...

Your memory is indeed something out of this world Pug, everyone - even myself - has long forgotten about my initial question regarding the watch. (Note: the issue is still unresolved, and the watch's history remains unknown. A Patek Philippe, however, it is.

Good job!

@Defacto

who are you? And are you sure that this Benzinger is your watch?

i know the owner of this watch (and pics) from timezone...

Tourby, I am Mike Honcho on TZ. The name I registered on timezone is different from the name I usually use on other forums. I posted up the fresh display back pic for that very reason. I can post up tagged pics for any non-believers...

@Zenpang...thanks!

Also, I'm surprised nobody has taken a stab at the Reverso yet...come on, people!

I've been away for the Labor Day weekend, so here's the answer...

rg3.jpg

rg4.jpg

rg2.jpg

rg6.jpg

:D Great guess, emuozz! Here it is, including a wrist shot! Thanks for the compliment! I'll have another one coming up soon! Come on people, post up some of your gens! Lets keep this going!

Another great Jeager, the best values in high end watches (If you can use "value" and "high end watches" together). Bet the purchase price of that one was 1/3 the street price of a comparable VC or Patek, neither of which have any advantage in fit and finish at all, only name cachet.

Another great Jeager, the best values in high end watches (If you can use "value" and "high end watches" together). Bet the purchase price of that one was 1/3 the street price of a comparable VC or Patek, neither of which have any advantage in fit and finish at all, only name cachet.

Thanks for the kind words, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. As a manufacture, I feel that JLC is truly beyond reproach. Not only are their own timepieces entirely in-house, they also supply movements to the heaviest hitters in the industry (the big three, for starters). For example, the movement in my VC is actually JLC's Caliber 928. And as far as the price thing goes...you are also correct on that front. The MSRP on the JLC is 16,750. The MSRP on a PP 5054RG is 29,850, and the MSRP on a VC Toledo Cal/Moon is 25,900. Like you said, aside from the benefit of having the PP/VC name on the watch (JLC doesn't exactly have foodstamp respect, however), I really see no perceivable difference in finish, quality, etc...actually, when it comes to reliability, I'd put my money on the JLC, considering that my VC has had to go back to the factory twice for warranty repairs. All in all, JLC is one of the most horologically prominent and legit (the degree of manufacture) brands out there, and all things considered, does offer one of the greatest high-end watch values around.