When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The End of Innocence

bluespower

Bigger Is Better: Confessions of a Panerai Convert

I'll be honest. For years now, I have collected Rolex, Omega, Breitling and various other reps, but I just couldn't get excited about Pams. They're big and clunky - too big for my skinny wrists, I thought - and basically all look alike. What, I wondered, was all the damn fuss about?

My path to enlightenment started innocently enough. I bought a Fiddy for my football player client / friend because I thought it was the perfect watch for his massive frame. He turned into an [censored], so I was stuck with the watch. What to do? Can't wear it myself, I thought. Much too big for me.

But one evening, in a moment of reckless abandon, I took it from the nice box I bought from Homer and strapped it on. There was no turning back. Like a siren calling, I was under its spell. Even though I knew I couldn't handle the 47mm girth of this horological beauty, I was convinced of one thing: bigger was indeed better. No longer limited by my self-imposed 40mm maximum, I was now sure I could wear a 44mm Pam. It was as if the clouds parted and a light shone down from the heavens. I was liberated. Forty-four millimeters, I thought. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I put the Fiddy box set up for trade and just received my new beauty - a 212 flyback chrono with two extra straps. Like an old friend, it's sitting comfortably on my wrist and I don't think it's coming off for awhile. I'm sure many of you have had similar conversion experiences.

Anybody looking for some Rolex reps? <_<

47933-36778.jpg

well, that is a great feeling..wearing a pannie?

after you buy yourself the first one...there is no way back...but just the addiction of collecting them all...and only then the satisfaction will be complete...

nice watch...wear it well...and the fiddy, is a must have pannie....

cheers,

Vladimir

Bluespower:

I am sorry that PAMs demanded another victim.

But I am glad that he is one with your writing skills.

Welcome to our bittersweet Panerai inferno! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Have to say that tan colour on the 212 does look rather nice, which strap is that ?

It's an OEM strap from the guy who traded with me. As for which one, etc., you gotta cut me some slack. I'm just easing into this whole Panerai thing.