When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Loose Insert Bezel

THANOS

hello everybody,

i was looking forward to get my new upo from andrew which was a little bit delayed,took about 20days to keep it in my hands after i put the order.

when the package arrived i was so anxious to open it but a bad surprise was waiting me.the bezel insert was unstucked and fell down.except this the watch is amazing and keeps good time(+20sec) per day.maybe i have to visit my watchsmith for adjustment...

to the point now,which glue do you suggest to use for a better:)) (than i took it)result?

thanks in advance ;)

post-2899-1188651937_thumb.jpg

Edited by THANOS

sorry for the misunderstanding...the bezel insert is the problem.

Never saw an insert glued that way on a watch from any dealers... I have used super glue, but it will fail in time, especially if you shower/bath with it... I have found a replacement for super glue, and use it in all my small jobs (I have about 20 or so reps...) The glue us "G-S HYPO Cement", and can be found at craft stores, or online... I paid uinder 5 USD for my tube... It has a very small applicator... This cement will not glue ones fingers together - I am 66, and a little shaky with these small jobs...

Hope this helps...

Rayman

PS - The cement was developed in 1939 to cement watch crystals...

i have forgotten the name of the glue.. but the PO I got from andrew had the same problem .. the watch smiths use a epoxy 2 part .. remember you may need to remove the existing glue .. be careful you don't want to use a solvent that will remove the epoxy but run down into the bottom of the bezel, you will have the bezel freeze and not be able to function.. don't ask how i know...let andrew know and he will send you a replacement bezel in case yours is bent.. be careful with the pearl.. make sure it's secure before you glue the bezel back on..

the 2 part epoxy seems to work the best .. it gives you time to move the insert before it freezes in place...good luck

hello again,

thank you all for important information and help.i have already stucked the insert bezel and fortunately didn't have any particular problem especially with the pearl which is a BEZEL part.

i used the gs cement hypo which i bought online and have impressive results so far.i would recommend it to anyone have same issues with bezel inserts which are too common in P.O's.

ps. indeed,i did "borrowed" the picture. :p