When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 29 - GMT Redux

Watchmeister

Wow, great!

The cyclops looks a bit off-center with the date, I suppose it's just the pics?

The crown + CG ensemble is gorgeous!

Kruzer,

I love your watch great job and congrats! I am just gearing up for the same project. I have some questions, anyone else I welcome your thoughts and comments. My first is how do I source the date wheel? I have seem post of people with Lello wheel but not how to locate. Second what did you use as a base what? Was it one that can be obtained at any of the popular dealers? I have considered Davidsens but no AR bothers me. How dd you conquer the AR problem (assuming you do have AR) and if not why did you not. Also which movement are you using? Can you provide shots of movement and case back. Some of the questios I asked you may want to PM but I think the knowledge would be good for all interested, as I dont think this watch has been repped as well as some others.

In advance thanks for your responce and to all others with incite

Regards,

BCG

i just got today my 029 2893 from a forum member...this saturday I have sold mine old 029 with asian 21j...this is a great looking watch...yours W is indeed heavilly modded...mine has got gen crown and new DW...I am thinking of getting it relumed...the rep cyclop is something i can live with...

once again...great rep!

Thanks to all for your comments. I have been working on and off on the 2892/3 foursome for quite some time. The next one is the 63 which I am hoping to see in the next couple of weeks, then the PR's - 27 and finally the 28. It would be miraculous if they are all finished by the end of the year.

Dadog-

If you have gone to the trouble to swap the datewheel I recommend swapping the cyclops.

BCG-

How you go about it depends on how psychotic you are about these things. What I didn't show you was the movement and spacer ring. On the first version which was largely sold by Honpo and a few to our dealers they went to the trouble of having excellent engraving and perlage done on the rotor, spacer, etc. But you will also fine "Officine" is missing an i. IMHO, it is the equivalent of the P on Polex on an MBW. Back to the GMT, this particular version has no AR on the crystal, is individually serialized and typically has a number below 100. Subsequently folks made the 2893/2893 (and 2836 GMTs) with both standard caseback numbers and an undecorated movement.

In any case, mine has a Lello datewheel and they are available from him (for the Power Reserve as well I might add). The cyclops is an original Watchmaster's project. We did sell out but there are still ones around. I have a few if you are really going to this same length. There have been better versions of cyclops made by other people but this particular one with warts and all (limited viewing angle, appearance of double ring when looking straight on, etc.) is very true to the original 29. I have compared the cyclops on the gen with these cyclops. The crown is a gen crown from the group buy which is about to wrap up and I am convinced these are the actual crowns that were used for the 29. The CG is a Jimmy which is now very rare but what I have learned subsequently is that although Jimmy's are very rare and go for ridiculous amounts of money there are certain reps which have very close cg's. The 27 2892 PR is a good example. I am doing that one next and I am not replacing the CG in spite of the fact I have Jimmy's. And no they are not for sale at any price. :lol: I will simply add a rubber sleeve to the pin on that one.

Hope that helps. If you have any more specific questions please send a PM. We don't need to bore the broader audience. :lol:

Too funny. I hadn't even noticed the strap doesn't fill the lug space. That doesn't really bother me that much. I am much more focused on the fit on my wrist. And on that one it feels robust yet comfortable on the underside. I don't know if it is the wrong size or just small. In a similar vein I have a gen black Pre-V on my radiomir which is truly noticeable but still too cool. :D