When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Champions League/Premier League 2007/2008

Everythingape

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, although he could audition for a place on the Man U bench :whistling:

Terry is usually the cheekbone breaker anyway, a little bit of karma in the world. Here's hoping Los Che give the crying Chavs a spanking tonight. Morientes and Villa to do the damage :D

Personally, I hope LFC put on a decent performance and win tonight, especially after the draw in Porto. Will be difficult though with the return of Djib Cisse, a mercurial French striker with a point to prove against his former employers :unsure:

Nobody want to guess the answer to my teaser above? :unsure:

Captain's armband, and no captain's hat?

no.. are those Tiempo Ronaldinhos on Bellamy?

..sorry about your loss tonight though, DBR.. -cough-

Question: Will this canadian keeper ever find his contact lense in the Lerkendal grass?

11599fb9.jpg

*and breathes again....*

Ah sod it, there's a long way to go and we never make it easy on ourselves ;)

At least we weren't the only one of last year's finalists (and between us TWELVE times champions, yes read that and weep you wannabe's TWELVE!!!!), to lose to *ahem* a lesser team tonight :whistling:

Putting aside my despair and frustration, I must say well done the Bhoys!!!! :1a: Great scenes and thoroughly deserved after last years' pickpocketing.

I only wish JTB were here to share his joy :( but no doubt he'll be leaping around the pub/his living room like a lunatic :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Anfield awaits on Sunday.
Indeed it does my simian friend, indeed it does...:boxing:

*plippp* You hear that? Sound of someone's bubble bursting ;)

But at 1-0 down at HT to some Turkish minnows right now :unsure: I just pray to god we can pull it round and do the business at the weekend with a fit Torres and hopefully Agger back.

I hereby tender my resignation from this thread with immediate effect.

:bye2:

Aww, Doc.. It's at times like these you find comfort in the fact that there are more important things in life than football.. ..and you're happy you didn't bet any money on Liverpool for Moscow '08.

I watched Liverpool's game tonight, the first Besiktas goal was pure and utter dumb luck, but why do two and even three 'pool players decide to run after the same ball time and time again? In both defence and offence.. And oh.. your passing was abysmal!

"Ryan Babel is probably the only left-winger in the world whose left-back plays 80 yards away from him at all times and who doesn't overlap at all." JAR JAR!

I saw Ruud Gullit comment after the game, saying Benitez has an illusion of controlling the game, when the turks really just sat back and waited for the mistakes.

I'm no fan of liverpool at all, but it would be a shame if they didn't qualify for the next stage.

My dream final: Arsenal - Barcelona..

I would like nothing better than to see a certain frenchman's face when he's trying to look like he's happy for the team he left.

..But it's a long way to go.

And for the league, 'black November' is drawing nearer.

I invite you back here to gloat or be gloated upon come sunday afternoon, DBR ;)

-Ape-

Hopefully Liverpool win it this year. Maybe I'll make a trip to Moscow in May :thumsupsmileyanim:

This nights trip to Turkey wasn't so jammy as the last!

No cigar for the scousers this year.......out at the group stage!

Chelsea for the cup with big ears this time!

And for the league, 'black November' is drawing nearer.

I invite you back here to gloat or be gloated upon come sunday afternoon, DBR ;)

-Ape-

Doc 1 Ape 1 - both still unbeaten :D

What a breathtaking game! End to end stuff, and after recent results, reassuring to see we could live with you on form and nearly beat you. Puts those bad tempered bore draws between Scum and Chav Scum to shame.

Credit to both sides, a draw was a fair result although worrying to see both Torres and Alonso pick up serious injuries immediately on their comeback :black_eye:

Liverpool - Arsenal 1-1

Good game of football! I'm not unhappy about the result, even though I had higher expectations.

Liverpool took the lead after six or seven minutes.. Arsenal equalized after 80.

Both teams were attacking, although Liverpool looked like they were holding back a bit in the second half.

..A little disappointed by the 10-men-back they were playing for a while. But I guess they can't score while defending like that, so it worked out great. :)

I feel Arsenal had the play in this game, but Liverpool controlled the last moves well, and stopped the big chances. A couple in the woodwork, and a couple Fabregas should have netted, but all in all I think it's a fair result. Gerrard dangerous as always.

Hat off for Carragher, the heart and muscle of a hard working team tonight.

All in all an honest and action-filled game, and both teams are yet to lose in the PL this year.

Good game of football! I'm not unhappy about the result, even though I had higher expectations.
Funny 'cos that's exactly how I feel ^_^

Had Crouch (who's been whingeing so much recently one wonders if he fancies moving to the Emirates :p) put that in at 2-0, it would have all over, Fabregas or not. Same old story, I really bemoan our lack of strikeforce, El Nino aside. I think we'd have put you away if we'd had a half-decent finisher. Voronin I really like, but it's clear he misses partnering Torres. Maybe Rafa will reunite him with his old Leverkusen pal, currently looking all sulky on the Spurs bench ;). Kuyt and me REALLY don't get on big-time. Ditto Crouch, a view clearly shared by the boss. Still some deadwood in the squad.

With Torres off injured, our most creative midfield Alonso breaking his metatarsal again (not confirmed but I know it), Mascherano (our Kaka-killer) also struggling towards the end, and no Danny Agger, can you really blame us for making sure our back line was tighter than a clam's sphincter?! :blink: What, you think we'll just roll over and let you score with 5 mins to go? Ha ha. Nice try.

Oh the 10-man red wall happened all through the second half, and only opened up after us scoring in the 80th.. ;)

It's a shame, but I saw Xabi's injury confirmed on sky sports just now. And Torres is on the books again too. None of the two were impressive today (maybe played a bit too early?), Torres just seems so lost with his back to the goal. I agree you need a deadly, slice-through striker. If you're connected at all, suggest Erik Huseklepp from Brann Bergen for a right winger!

I've read a bit on the Liverpool forums the last few days. (ammo for watching the game with my 'pool-supporting mates), and I see a rising critique of Rafa's

favouring the 'work-horse' players. You having norwegian connections might know it; here in norway we all think Riise is seen as a demi-god in Liverpool.. ..he's obviously not.

We are developing a problem at the Grove too.. We have a very sour Lemon (Lehmann) and a Diarra voicing out against Wenger not playing them. Why can't more players be like Gilberto Silva? ..take it as an indication that there are people better than you right now, and strive to get back in the loop.