When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another 7750, Purported ETA/Valjoux

alligoat

There's a guy selling parts from an ebay store called x-jewelry selling asian 7750's for $199 as well. I don't know an asian clone mechanical movement to look at it but the price alone should be a tip off. The cheapest retail price I've seen for genuine 7750's is around $300 at orfrei.com.

Hi Ziggy,

Here's another 7750 I ran across on ebay out of Hong Kong. Looks Asian to me but the guy claims it's ETA...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Valjoux-ETA-7750-Watch...1QQcmdZViewItem

The 28,800 bph is confusing (or misleading).

What do you think?

Thanks for your time.

Mac

Asian copy...

The test is to look at the balance stud and regulator, ETA is snapped in place ones, and Asian are screw stud and riveted regulator. See the other post in this section with pics etc so you can spot the difference.

Other way is to look at the finish, ETA is a sandblasted look, Asian is chromed shiney look...

Not worth $50...

RG

Ziggy, If you wanted to put a real ETA 7750 (6,9,12) to put into the Breitling Avenger Chrono - would that fit? Are those available for sale anywhere?

If the breitling dial is a 6-9-12 layout then a ETA 7750 is a direct fit, no mods are needed (just finished doing one last week...). I can't keep the dial layouts straight on the breitling models, there are too many variations...

Ebay is the best place to find cheap? ETA 7750's, but you have to be careful as many are asian not ETA...see the post in this section with the pictures so you can tell the difference on your own...

RG

If the breitling dial is a 6-9-12 layout then a ETA 7750 is a direct fit, no mods are needed (just finished doing one last week...). I can't keep the dial layouts straight on the breitling models, there are too many variations...

The Zigmeister what about the 3-6-9 layout ? Any idea what would work best in these with seconds running at 9.

Is it possible to fit an ETA 7750 movement into the titanium IWC GST Chrono? It comes with the Asian 7750b1 movement, but has the subdials at 6, 9 and 12.

Thanks. :group:

Ziggy what about the 3-6-9 layout ? Any idea what would work best in these with seconds running at 9.

Almost every question is answered in this section, here is a post that covers this one...

Have a look at the rest of the posts in this section, they cover a lot of stuff...

7750 transplant...click here...

Thanks for the link I'll take a look.

Reason I had asked was because I was told by dealers that it couldn't be done because of differences in the placement of something on the dial (possibly day/date?).

Thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the link I'll take a look.

Reason I had asked was because I was told by dealers that it couldn't be done because of differences in the placement of something on the dial (possibly day/date?).

Thanks for the info :)

Not in my experience, if you have a 7750 layout (6-9-12 subdials) then a ETA 7750 is a direct drop in movement, day - date - etc all line up and fit perfectly... I have done many of these transplants, and all my measurements show that all Asian 7750's (NOT basterdized 7753's) are identical to the ETA 7750's...

Best value on these models is to install a gen ETA in place of the Asian, if you can get a gen at a good price (Ebay). You can even get used gen dials for cheap $$$ on the bay and install one of these as well...

RG

Okay, last one... is the rotor and movement holder interchangable? (3-6-9 layout Avenger Chrono)

The Asian 7750 has a nice Breitling signed rotor which would look nice on the ETA 750 =)

If you have a Asian 7750 6-9-12 model (ie real 7750 not a 7753), it is identical to the Swiss ETA 7750 - everything - it's an exact clone - identical in every way...so yes, it's interchangable...

Rotor has a stuck on plate normally, I would use the ETA rotor and glue the plate on it...

So remember, Asian 7750 is identical to ETA 7750 in every way...

RG

So remember, Asian 7750 is identical to ETA 7750 in every way...

YES understand Asian 7750 = ETA 7750

BUT does it swap easily with Brietling Navi with sub dials at 3-6-9 ????

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

And the answer is no.

Standard default layout for the ETA 7750 (and the Asian 7750) is 6 , 9 and 12

ETA 7753 is 3 - 6 - 9 with seconds at 9 for both movements.

Thanks The Zigmeister for answering my question, I've sent a message to a dealer if they can get an ETA 7750 in the IWC GST Chrono instead of the Asian 7750b1.

Edited by Chronus