When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What should I take to Vegas?

DET11

Okay, so I'm going to Vegas tomorrow for four days, and I need suggestions. I will be going to a nice restaurant one night, and possibly a show another........casual clothes the rest of the time tho......I have in my limited collection: Omega Seamaster pro black...Omega Railmaster XXL in SS on brown leather......Omega UPO....(kinda like Omegas I guess).....Omega AT in blue face SS....Breitling SOSF in blue face SS....and last but not least....Chopard Grand Tourismo white face with black rubber.........so I know you guys (and gals) have opinions,....so lets hear em!

Okay, so I'm going to Vegas tomorrow for four days, and I need suggestions. I will be going to a nice restaurant one night, and possibly a show another........casual clothes the rest of the time tho......I have in my limited collection: Omega Seamaster pro black...Omega Railmaster XXL in SS on brown leather......Omega UPO....(kinda like Omegas I guess).....Omega AT in blue face SS....Breitling SOSF in blue face SS....and last but not least....Chopard Grand Tourismo white face with black rubber.........so I know you guys (and gals) have opinions,....so lets hear em!

Never been to Vegas. Everything I know comes from second-hand sources like my parents, or reading Frank Sinatra's biographies BUT...

Suggestions

You need a workhorse watch. Omega UPO will do.

You need a bling-bling watch. Breitling SOSF seems closest.

You need an elegant watch. Railmaster. Wear this to Tourneau in the Bellagio.

(Correction: Caesars Palace not Bellagio! Thanks to those who didn't correct, except by inference below)

Have fun! Always bet on black 28.

Never been to Vegas. Everything I know comes from second-hand sources like my parents, or reading Frank Sinatra's biographies BUT...

Suggestions

You need a workhorse watch. Omega UPO will do.

You need a bling-bling watch. Breitling SOSF seems closest.

You need an elegant watch. Railmaster. Wear this to Tourneau in the Bellagio.

Have fun! Always bet on black 28.

Never been!.....one place everyone must go before their end......just spectacular in many many ways.....I like your choices V....now, about that 28 black.......

Never been!.....one place everyone must go before their end......just spectacular in many many ways.....I like your choices V....now, about that 28 black.......

Right, 28 black. I always get the nomenclature wrong! Anyway, this is a funny story. The Florida Panthers once had a bruising defender (and black Canadian from Montreal) called, Peter Worrell. Miss Sports-fanatic over here was listening to a post-game interview one time, and he mentioned he was off to Vegas. Ended the interview with, "Don't forget. Always bet on 28 black".

Obviously, his number was 28. And he was black. :)

Won about U$ 1200 in Monte when I let it ride twice on 28 black. Woo, chung-a-lugga! Have fun, babe!

The Muller Vegas is a must. It costs all of $150.00 and the roulette function is better than on the gen. Two friends who had big nights in Vegas (they were not suffering to begin with though) bought the gen gold version in the Caesar's Shopping Mall. Pick up the stainless. You may not have won 50k but theoretically you just won 20k, you picked up the watch, a couple of first class ladies and even bought the wife a gift. You good husband you. :lol:

You beat me to it Andy.................

I usually bring two watches to Vegas. One blinged and the other super blinged. Lots of bling is intimidating at the poker table. Makes you look as though you could care less about the money. :whistling:

It's intimidating in any hi-power situation, like at a corporate conference table and in front of a JC chairwoman.

Just be careful with the bling-bling: others usually have the same idea, and if their bling is real, YOU will end up looking like a real schmuck. ;)

Honestly, in Vegas, I'd go with two watches. My best gen, and my best sports rep watch. This means my gen de Grisogno Instrumentino and possibly now, my Hublot White Magic.

A Rolex for either category doesn't hurt, and the good part is that you can get away with a good rep too.

:whistling: Responsibility and cash. Leave the significant other at home as you will have more fun in the county. Camera and a healthy appetite for night life. The club in the Venetian Tower is the best on the strip. I am taking a trip to Vegas in November, Wynn here I come.

Please LEAVE the 111H in Torneau at Caesar's Palace ALONE as this has my name all over it. Do not forget your clubs. Vegas has many great courses.

Take the breitling.. you'll see a lot of cool watches there and yeah do not take a credit card LOL

I went to Vegas in march Bar and Nightclub convention and took $2000 spending money and ended up spending over $5g and have nothing to show for it. Its an expensive city. I went to Pure night club.. on the patio.. 2 vodka redbulls and 2 shot of Jager was $48. yikes! ha ha ha

Definatly check out the big watch stores.. You'll see some crazy bling there

Lonnie

The Railmaster should be able to cover you for the whole trip but just in case you feel like a change bring along the Breitling SOSF. - Cheers

Any watch you have will be fine. Sounds like a nice collection. Do bring a credit card, BTW, I live in Vegas and you do not want to get stuck here without an available source of funds to bail you out of whatever might happen, and anything can happen in this town.

Just be careful with the bling-bling: others usually have the same idea, and if their bling is real, YOU will end up looking like a real schmuck.

Who said anything about my bling being fake? I do own genuine bling as well V.

I am taking a trip to Vegas in November, Wynn here I come.

I will be there the week of thanksgiving. Plan to play at the Wynn a couple of days. I will let you know which watch I will be wearing you can stop by and say hello. :D

Who said anything about my bling being fake? I do own genuine bling as well V.

I will be there the week of thanksgiving. Plan to play at the Wynn a couple of days. I will let you know which watch I will be wearing you can stop by and say hello. :D

I will be there the week before. Have you played at the Wynn before? If not you are in for a treat ;)

:whistling: Responsibility and cash. Leave the significant other at home as you will have more fun in the county. Camera and a healthy appetite for night life. The club in the Venetian Tower is the best on the strip. I am taking a trip to Vegas in November, Wynn here I come.

Please LEAVE the 111H in Torneau at Caesar's Palace ALONE as this has my name all over it. Do not forget your clubs. Vegas has many great courses.

Last July, Torneau was fresh out of any Panerai. Now people are catching on PAM. I did have chance to toy with IWC Aquatimer chrono. Very nice watch.

In my experience, wear what moves you and feel comfortable and confident. Have a responsible fun as TWP said.

Last July, Torneau was fresh out of any Panerai. Now people are catching on PAM. I did have chance to toy with IWC Aquatimer chrono. Very nice watch.

In my experience, wear what moves you and feel comfortable and confident. Have a responsible fun as TWP said.

:o You just broke my heart.