When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK Nautilus

emuozz

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I've been thinking about this watch for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger tonight and ordered one from Paso! I can't believe how excited I am about this watch!!! I'll have to dress the part just to wear it (or can i go for that young eccentric millionaire look?) lol

Speaking of Nautilus's, I found this photo of a gen in a recent auction.

Circa 1976 Jumbo. Notice the datewheel and font character printing on this gen.

This piece sold for over 40,000.00 at auction.

Seems to make our datewheel issues regarding alignment and font differences compared to gens a bit less important. FWIW.

I agree with the assesment on the 3710 rep. To me it is very close to the gen in appearance. Major differences when being picky is that the rep is larger than the gen at 42mm.

post-22-1189521896_thumb.jpg

Here is a comparison of a gen 30001/1 to the currently available rep.

Very close, however the baton hands used in the rep are a big give away.

And as mentioned the rep is 42mm and the gen only 38mm.

But the difference need not take away from the beauty of this MBK rep.

It is a beautiful watch...Trust me.

post-22-1189522860_thumb.jpg post-22-1189522896_thumb.jpg

Has anyone ever succeeded in opening up the case back of the PPNJ? Wonder how to pull the stem out for movt service. If it is an ETA inside, the stem got to be released by pressing the release button on the back of the movement. Without opening the case back, got no clue how this can be done.

I have been very excited about the Nautilus reps that have came out...never should have sold my 3800 :bangin:

My only concern was the secounds hand that isn't supposed to be there..i'm not sharp enough to remove it or even try to....I think I'm being anal about this as the more I search around the many differant dials I come across. I was looking today at this web address "bgrayjewelers.com" and was blown away by the differant dials some of the Nautilus were shown with. I am leaning on the ones Angus has as he is now showing dials with the correct "Swiss" not "Swiss made" at the six. Of course I've been waiting on his "new" Seadweller also..........

• 1 year later...

Thanks for a superb yet succinct review. :D I did not know that the Nautilus collection had a 44mm chrono model? This sounds awesome. The problem with most Pateks is size of case and of numbering. Even the 5970 - though for visibility, a vast improvement over the 3970 - could do with a logical expansion of 2mm to bring it to 42mm.

• 3 months later...

Just noticed Eurotimez now had a "burnt blue" version with the dots on the dial. They also have a "dark blue" version. I'm still pretty happy with my burnt blue/sticks but am not such a big of the dial anymore, too green really.

They also have one on a croc strap http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.ph...Dpath=0&osC but the pics are down.

Note that they charge $40 to verify its a genuine ETA !

Edited by webvan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bump for a great review!

Sill enjoy my MBK, but I still find the dial a bit too "green" in the center, the gen is not like that at all, more grey/blue. Would also like to know how to access the movement to regulate the movement a bit, mine is running about -13 seconds per day.

• 10 months later...

Whow supurb post!! Would love to own one but can't find one that shows the same quality as yours... are they sold out @ puretime?

Only leather straps to be found...

How is the movements btw? Is it comparable with a Valjoux 7750?

I'm new in replica watches but I know quite a lot from genuine watches, I visit Baselworld yearly.

Nice video of the "new" Nautilus can be found here;

Does your rep also have that same shine on the dial? Aka not plain black/green.

NAUTILUS 5711/1A

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4045grosplan.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4069.jpgIMG_4073.jpg

Well the "burnt blue" dial is very nice on the MBK but not quite up to par with the gen that's darker/greyer :

MBW :

Capture1.jpg

As far as the black dial goes it was used on the 3700/1G all 18k White Gold only available in 2004 and 2005 so excessively rare.

And yes I think the MBK Nautilus is long gone (MBW actually and I read somewhere the founder was dead), only available from other forum members now.