When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded Ultimate PT Sub Eta

Tribal

Hello again,

after i received Pt's ultimate Subi thought its a nice watch,

but the date mag is a little poor.

In fact of that i changed the hole movement with a spare one

i had from a old CN Sub from Paul....

There is a another Dial and a better datewheel here..

I changed the datewheel and dial,because on CN Subs the date is a

little offcenter..

After that i changed the Tube and Crown with Genuine ones...

Thats the good news,the Tube fit without retapping :Jumpy:

And here is the result.

I think looks very nice.... :bleh:

48786-36621.jpg

48786-36622.jpg

48786-36623.jpg

Thats the spare Eta 2836-2 movement...

48786-36624.jpg

Hope you like it,comments are welcome

Rg Tribal

Edited by Tribal

Nice work, Tribal! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Are you sure that movement came from "old CN Sub from Paul"? :g: Looks like something that belongs in a poor man's gen Rollie Sub.

BTW, will a gen insert fit the bezel without grinding the heck out of an otherwise excellent gen part? I'm still waiting on a 16610 with an accurate bezel. :whistling:

Regards,

Jet

How about the rehaut?

which datewheel did you put?

can this sub beat a modern mbw?

Nice watch. the date mag is ok imo,

actually they have weaker magnification

Rehaut is not deep like mbw,but ok....

Datwheel was a spare one...

Nothing can beat a MBW modern Sub,but the new mbw modern Sub(i have too) has to bold date...

And a Gen Tube doesn't fit you must retapp it...

Hope this helps...

Rg tribal

Edited by Tribal

Nice work, Tribal! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Are you sure that movement came from "old CN Sub from Paul"? :g: Looks like something that belongs in a poor man's gen Rollie Sub.

BTW, will a gen insert fit the bezel without grinding the heck out of an otherwise excellent gen part? I'm still waiting on a 16610 with an accurate bezel. :whistling:

Regards,

Jet

Yepp i have bought it before i found RWg 1+2....

I don`t know any modern Subs that fit a gen Insert,Mbws modern Sub don`t fit....

Rg tribal

• 2 weeks later...

@Bignasty

You can buy tubes from ebay, or if you are in EU (Uk) you can order tubes more easier from watch part store, dont have the link with me now, but I sure you can find the link in RWG.

@tribal

which tool did you used to screw the crown in, torx 8 or 9, or you own the real tool ?

did you remove some metal to allow genuine crown to sit right on the case ?

did you cut the stem, in mine it looks a little long to swap it without cutting 1-2mm?

Best,

Pedro

@Bignasty

You can buy tubes from ebay, or if you are in EU (Uk) you can order tubes more easier from watch part store, dont have the link with me now, but I sure you can find the link in RWG.

@tribal

which tool did you used to screw the crown in, torx 8 or 9, or you own the real tool ?

did you remove some metal to allow genuine crown to sit right on the case ?

did you cut the stem, in mine it looks a little long to swap it without cutting 1-2mm?

Best,

Pedro

Hi,

i used a swissfile to unscrew the tube...

Yes i grinded the the tubehole a littlebit,so the tube sit flush on the case...

The Stem must be cut its too long....

RG Tribal

Edited by Tribal

@Tribal

Thank, last weeekend I changed the tube on my MBW 1680 but tube did not sit flush on the case and the stem was way too long. Next, weekend I will get back to this.

Thanks again.

I get my tubes from ebay, but tread part that goes in the case is short compared to genuine, from where do you get yours ?

Edited by pitimany

The case is nice. Do you feel the date wheel is a better trade-off for the Fonts for Rolex (Im a novice but shouldnt the O be wider) and Oyster Perpetual Date being off (sorry, the font just jumps out at me.)

I'm really looking at getting one of these premodded subs (either the pt or joshua) vs. a mbw (although again the bold m and date mag bug me). I'm actually very happy with the standard lv i got from joshua (good fonts/datemag/datewheel is white and sharp) just need a new bezel pearl.

@Tribal

Thank, last weeekend I changed the tube on my MBW 1680 but tube did not sit flush on the case and the stem was way too long. Next, weekend I will get back to this.

Thanks again.

I get my tubes from ebay, but tread part that goes in the case is short compared to genuine, from where do you get yours ?

Hello again,

Generic Tubes thread part is a little bit shorter than the Gen ones...

But Diameter and so on the same....

Take a 4,5 Drill to shape the casehole a little bit than the Tube sit flush on the Case...

Hope this helps...

RG Tribal

• 1 month later...

Looks great! Where do u get a spare datewheel? I used to make my own with my printer.. but they are fuzzy, some are not so bad. Can they be purchased somewhere?

Also, I had a sub, with the not so great date font, or pearl. I gota genuine insert and ground the hell out of it to get it to fit. Originally I had gone to a machine shop to make the bezel deep enough to just snap in, but the operator squeezed the bezel and it became out of round so it looked okay but would not turn. I fixed that with a bezel off and Invicta Sub.

Later I purchased Tudor Sub hands, and that made the biggest difference. The Genuine one has extremely high quality hands that are "domed" like the hour and minute hand but also the seconds hand. Also the seconds hand does not look tubular in the genuine model. It looks like it is cut from a thin sheet of metal, so it is very sharp and has sharp edges. The reps' second hand just does not look as fine. I've seen pics of reps with hands that look like genuine.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself well. LOL.

Cheers! I want a sub again and yours looks great.

Rehaut is not deep like mbw,but ok....

Datwheel was a spare one...

Nothing can beat a MBW modern Sub,but the new mbw modern Sub(i have too) has to bold date...

And a Gen Tube doesn't fit you must retapp it...

Hope this helps...

Rg tribal

You did a kick ass job on this. Keep up the good work!