When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

e-bay bidding

dadog13

Hi guys...

just to let you know that there is still running a bidding for an angelus SF240 stem wound clock...11 hours left...I don't have funds right now...otherwise I would think of bidding...I think that one of our collectors is in the bidding process...

so just to let you know if you are interested...here is the link....e-bay angelus SF240

it looks like the movement is in great condition...

if you decide to go for it...happy bidding!

I think one of our collectors is not going to be a very happy man, with this announcement...

well, who cares....If I find something interesting for the fellow members I share it with ya...except in the case I was in the bidding process, then you would find it out only after the bidding ended... :ph34r:

Seriously - this kind of post is [censored]. No offence dadog but if I was in on this auction I would be furrious with you for alerting hundereds of others as compitition. Realmore who is selling this is a member of the boards. I must ask myself why he would sell it - and why he would sell it like he did in that ebay auction.

You said yourself that if you were in on it you would never do this - why do it to others. Good lord it is not too hard to search ANGELUS on ebay.

I fell sorry for the people who were hoping to get a good buy on this one. Now their chances are over.

Edited by Cucumber_Jones

if somebody wants to be furious with me...I don't have a problem at all...I didn't do anything bad...just to all the fellow members gave an opportunity to bid on this one...in the end who has more $$$ will win...that's life...

i really do not think i have done anything bad by announcing this bidding...i do not know the seller...in no way connected to him...

the more i think i don't understand what do you find so offensive in my post?!!!

posts like this were done hundered of times...

BTW...this auction will go with or without my announcement on the forum for a high price...there are for sure a lot of members that on daily basis look on the bay for an angelus...the auction has been seen for 500 times...

Edited by dadog13

Yes there have been posts like this before and everytime it screws some member over. If you were really hoping to get a good deal or even get a chance to buy something in an ebay auction and someone made a post like this that took you out of the running you would be [censored].

I think it is even worse that it is an angelus motor as so many members have been looking for one.

I understand your intent - to help the members. I am sure you know enough members here you could have helped by simply sending a few PMs.

The problem with the angelus and rolex movmemts is that there are a few "collectors" here who already have a few and will pay ANYTHING to get more. This screws over the average joe who was hoping to get this one.

Again - no offence - this kinna post just makes me crazy. I gave up on that auction once I saw it go above $400.

Again - no offence - this kinna post just makes me crazy. I gave up on that auction once I saw it go above $400.

no offence CJ...i just think that i haven't done anything bad...

and if you really think that you could find these days on the web an angelus for 400$...NO WAY...for that amount you could get an angelus only from a source that it isn't internet...the last year not only members from rep forums...but also other watch lovers are looking for this one...

if somebody wants to be furious with me...I don't have a problem at all...I didn't do anything bad...just to all the fellow members gave an opportunity to bid on this one...in the end who has more $$$ will win...that's life...

We really don't need any more people here adopting TTK's trademark eloquent writing style... ;)

Actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with posting interesting items. It is done all the time and this is a service to other members who want one. No one is going to have an exclusive and we are a very small part of the vintage movement population anyhow. For instance, I know of at least a dozen people on this forum and the purist forums who have every listing with Angelus pop up on their ebay screen. It did on mine. Now I am not a bidder as it is too rich for my blood but I will also add that with the current technology you never know what the real price is until it ends anyhow. Sniping is now the the norm for hot items. So you may as well let everyone know. Now if it is your friend who is bidding that is another story. :)

this auction is a big RWG party :drunk:

seller: RWG

highest bidder: RWG

second bidder: RWG

and some dozen interested people from RWG... me too :D

i hope reelamore will get the highest bid... he is a good guy and i wish him the best with his auction.

that

Seriously - this kind of post is [censored]. No offence dadog but if I was in on this auction I would be furrious with you for alerting hundereds of others as compitition. Realmore who is selling this is a member of the boards.

So, it's good for the community to tell everyone so one of our fellow members can get the best possible deal? I bet Realmore is really happy it got posted here.

I think it is fine to post interesting items from eBay for all. Why let one person out of the entire forum ride solo? If that one guy wants to steal it or bow out early he just wasted everyone else's chances that may have paid more and actually bought the product.

It is not like posting it on EBay is some secret society to begin with. There are ten times as many people watching for the last minute as bidding. It is idiots bidding early that establish high pricing and force the product to go for a great deal more than it would or should.

bididing endede at 1100$...i really tought that this one would go for a much higher price...maybe one of the competitors for the bidding fell a sleep... :lol: ...just kidding...

I want to have one day an agelus powered PAM...I am so sad that I didn't have the funds to battle for this one since the mvt looked like it was in really great shape...

congrats to the buyer, if he is one of us...

to CJ...in the end, even my anouncement on the board didn't brought to any major price raise...it was 885$ when i posted it and eneded at 1100$...the bidder who won, was then the highest bidder as well....

regards,

V

Realmore who is selling this is a member of the boards. I must ask myself why he would sell it - and why he would sell it like he did in that ebay auction.

Well, I guess I sold it because I don't need it anymore and I wanted to pass it on to the next collector who hopes to build his own.I would have loved to post here , but its this kind of infighting that prohibits any kind of fair orderly trading, esp. with a movt with this kind of demand.Even on Ebay I recieved about 5 offers to end the auction from RWG members but chose to sell it fair and square, so I don't know what you mean by "sell it like he did"..Its common knowledge that most vintage members here scan the Bay daily to find these so I knew it would land on fertile soil.Most of you know who won it, A very respected member here..

I use my same name here as Ebay so I don't hide anything..and I sold this clock fair and square just like I purchased it..so whats the issue?

They taste good on toast.

engine3um9.jpg

enzoproject6bf0.jpg

enzoproject4sv7.jpg

72abfc3fwc6.jpg

enzoproject1pc5.jpg

I think Reelamore is the loser in this as he should make a watch out of the movement!

I disagree that I lost anything here.. I paid dearly last year for my Watchmaster Angelus based 6152 shown in the PICs below.The profit of this sale goes to offset the cost of my watch..so I don't need to make a watch, I have one already...And a very nice one at that... ;)

6152facesp2.jpg

p10100681at2.jpg

angeluscatxn0.jpg

p10100671po2.jpg