When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof watch

jeroen1985

Some friend of mine said that when you open a waterproof watch, you have to close the watch in a vacuum area. So that the inside of the watch is vacuum. Is he right about this? Because I openend and closed my watch without to vacuum the inside.

Your friend is not really your friend. He's more like your pet.

If you imagine there's a vacuum inside, what do you think happens every time you unscrew the crown?

edit: I see sssurfer beat me to it.. ;)

Sorry ape, I knew there would have been a run here so I did it the fastest I could (and no text helped a lot ;) )

Your friend is not really your friend. He's more like your pet.

If you imagine there's a vacuum inside, what do you think happens every time you unscrew the crown?

You have to hold your breath and run back into your vacuum room with the air locks and the red flashing lights.. And close the crown in there.

If you REALLY want it to be waterproof, you have to unscrew the crown and then pump a light oil inside the case. Then when it's *completely* full (you must get ALL the air out) and you screw the crown down tight, no water can get inside.

:tu:

This also works with silicon and has the added benefit of making your watch quiet................real, real quiet :D

Ken