When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster Reduced

kenmasters

So I ordered a 50th anniversary watch... waiting for it in mail now. [Review Pending on Andrew's delivery] I did drop by a Birks (in Canada) to compare the the regular pro moon watch vs the reduced. Guys, the reduced looks and feels much smaller than the full size. Its okay, but the reduce, in my opinion, feels like a ladies watch. If I didn't have the full size one there for comparison, I may not have noticed. I have small wrists, so I thought the reduced may actually be better.. but my male ego wants the big one..

The refinement details such as the back casing and the front sapphire is very nice. Domed. The back casing was different on the reduced - doesn't say 'first watch on the moon..." And to those who noticed there's no accent on the e in tachymeter, guess what ? the reduced doesn't have the accent on it...even on the genuine. Not only is the reduced smaller in diameter, it is thinner, and also the bracelet is smaller in width. So, everything is "reduced" in the reduced version.

So my money for a nice replica is not going towards a 'reduced' version of the watch. I opted for the 50th anniversary watch which is suppose to be full size. Prices for genuine omegas in Canada are ridiculous. For the pro $3700CDN, for the reduced $3200CDN. Ebay less than half that price. Why would anyone buy new ?

:D

Edited by kenmasters

Its a pretty big piece, but when it comes to the PO, go big or go home.

I hear everyone likes the POs.. maybe one day i'll get one.. for now, I'm sticking with the reliable moon. Funny thing is that I saw some other speedys, day-date, and others, and they're all in the "reduced" form factor. Only the professional is full size.

Congrats on your first rep!

You seem like a detail oriented kind of guy, give us a full review after you get it.

Oh, and photos are mandatory ;)

Congrats on your first rep!

You seem like a detail oriented kind of guy, give us a full review after you get it.

Oh, and photos are mandatory ;)

RIMA! I've been pining for you in various threads. Where have you BEEN? I hate being the only girl here, you know.

EDIT: Well, apart from Ola, who is an honourary RWGer.

Yo Vic I've been around, just nothing much to say I guess.

How are ya? Decide on that IWC yet? I'd get the rose gold/black dial Port = pure sex. If you look at any watch mags lately RG/black is very fashionable.

Who is Ola?