When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seen this on the P forum and couldn't understand

V

First I haven;t find that watch anywhere on the site.. and second..

the title could easily have been:

FAKE [censored] THAT I DON'T CARE TO PHOTOGRAPH AND SHOW TO COLLECTOR BECAUSE IT HAS NO LOGO

VS

REAL DEAL

Veni, you can always go along the the Paneristi UK meeting tommorow and ask in person ? :p Anyone on here going ? wonder if they would notice if we snuck in and swapped out a couple of ours for theirs :D;)

Edited by exper

Isn't that a 1938a, from the retrospect watch company?

http://www.retrospectwatch.com/

Generally, the 1938a isn't considered a replica (by this I mean you can post about it on various panerai forums without having your head cut off). I had one, it was about 600 USD and was a really, really nice watch. Case and crystal were a step above the reps, but the lum was about the same.

Isn't that a 1938a, from the retrospect watch company?

http://www.retrospectwatch.com/

Generally, the 1938a isn't considered a replica (by this I mean you can post about it on various panerai forums without having your head cut off). I had one, it was about 600 USD and was a really, really nice watch. Case and crystal were a step above the reps, but the lum was about the same.

Yeap.. that's what RWC means... but why this is not considered a replica and the one from Silix is?

Yeap.. that's what RWC means... but why this is not considered a replica and the one from Silix is?

If you can figure out why the gen forums don't consider the mm20 and 1938a replicas I'll give you all the cash in my bank account (rwg that is). I remember a recent post on a gen panerai forum about a project watch which was basically rep parts, at least the case (the newer 3436 vintages) and no one said anything. http://www.network54.com/Forum/265104/thre...Panerai+Project

A cool project, but I can't figure out why some can post reps why others get their head on the block for it.

Don't worry if you come you will recognise me.. I will be like this:

Hahahah ;) I guess I have seen crazier things in London ! Actually you should have made a proper London meet with some advance notice, I work only about 10 mins away from Finepics ;)

Hahahah ;) I guess I have seen crazier things in London ! Actually you should have made a proper London meet with some advance notice, I work only about 10 mins away from Finepics ;)

I will do the meeting... it;s on my to do plans. :)

Because they are snobs!

If you ever do a London meet let me know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Veni, you can always go along the the Paneristi UK meeting tommorow and ask in person ? :p Anyone on here going ? wonder if they would notice if we snuck in and swapped out a couple of ours for theirs :D;)

They'll notice if you wear your watch over your sleave :bangin::bangin::bangin: