When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New feature: Member map

Admin

Is no one else having difficulty getting this to work? I've been spending quite a bit of time the last few days trying to get this new feature to work the way I believe it is supposed to... showing both my own and other members' markers consistently and in a single work space. At best I can save and view my own marker but not other markers, or I can see other members' markers and not my own, either immediately after saving it or during a subsequent browsing session. And most of the time I can't even coax the map to load properly.

I get download errors every time I click the link in the first message or refresh the map page.

Here is what the error message says:

Line: 62

Char: 7

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Code: 0

URL:http://www.rwg.cc/members/inde.php?autocom=gmap

This occurs with IE 7 on multiple computers

I just tried adding RWG.cc as well as google.com to my allow popup exceptions list, and even temporarily lowered my security settings, and then restarted IE. Still no love.

This is a great feature. It sort brings home the vastness of the internet and is most interesting to see how RWG's membership is truly international in scope. Well done admin! :1a:

• 2 weeks later...
And I see Rolli no longer is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. OH NO ADMIN! Man overboard indeed. :lol:

Yeah, Rolli seems to be safe, but phantom of the router seems to be floating in the waters off the coast of Nigeria/Benin. Maybe he has gone into pirating.... :rolleyes:

BTW. Admin suggested using an other browser (instead of IE7), I have tried Opera and Flock and both seem to work OK with Members Map, far better than IE7, as a matter of fact...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...