When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update: PAM crown project

Hmmmm. Very interesting. I just measured the crown on my davidsen 009, and it would appear that it is very near to being 2.0mm thick. Perhaps it doesn't have the appearance of being very thick because of the bevel? Can anyone else with a davidsen confirm?

actually the rep crown is very close to the thickness of the genuine crown (i have one and compared it) but the ridges (not enough ridges) and the bevel (too much) are not correct and make the rep crown look thin.

i installed the 2.2mm crown on a PAM001 (robi, yours :) ) and it fits. i had to slightly! grind down the tube (but not nearly that much as with a lello crown) because of 2 reasons:

-i wanted to bring the crown closer to the case

-allow enough clearance when pulled out in time setting position

result: works perfect. enough space between cg and crown in time stting position.

see yourself :)

keep in mind that the 2.00mm are more accurate but nevertheless it looks great :victory:

51330-36172.jpg

51330-36173.jpg

51330-36174.jpg

51330-36175.jpg

51330-36176.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crown has character! When you get a chance Tommy, please try these and the 2.0 on the 2893 GMT's. They are the ones with three crown positions. I also am eager to see it in any case. I think I still prefer the 2.0's for anything other than the historics. Will the same crown fit all models? I would like them for 7753's, 2893's 7750's and Unitas. :)

Tommy-

Which are you offering when? :)

i just talked with the maker... there are 3 different crown versions planned (at least for now):

-2.0mm for auto movement (for 0,9mm stems) like asia 7750 and eta2893 and manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

-2.1mm for auto movement (for ,9mm stems) like asia 7750 and eta2893 and manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

-2.2mm only for manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

we expect to receive the first pieces end of this week (if everything works out as planned but you know the machine shops :rolleyes: ) then i will make a detailed pic review and if everything is ok then we will give the production a go...

i just talked with the maker... there are 3 different crown versions planned (at least for now):

-2.0mm for auto movement (for 0,9mm stems) like asia 7750 and eta2893 and manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

-2.1mm for auto movement (for ,9mm stems) like asia 7750 and eta2893 and manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

-2.2mm only for manual 6497 (for 1.2mm stems)

we expect to receive the first pieces end of this week (if everything works out as planned but you know the machine shops :rolleyes: ) then i will make a detailed pic review and if everything is ok then we will give the production a go...

Any love for 7753 ?

I assume the 7753 takes the same .9 stem. If I remember correctly, all automatics have the same .9 stem and all 6497's take 1.2.

Given that I need 8 for automatics, can you please post pics of the 2.1 alongside the 2.0. My observation is that the 2.0 still has too much bevel versus the gens I posted earlier in this post. If the 2.1 has a bevel similar to the 2.2 it could be perfect. The other thing I am trying to figure out is why the fit of the 2.2 looks closer to the gen within the crown guard. Is this because the hole in the crown guard is larger on the rep than on the gen and so the larger crown compensates for it? :)

UPDATE: :)

just got the info that the prototypes of the 2.1mm and the 2.0mm were finished and that they are looking very nice. so the production started.

some infos i got:

-to limit the costs and for other production reasons, the maker has decided to produce in (small) batches (to reduce the risk that he will have too much in stock which he will not sell like last time). its simply not possible to produce high numbers at once

-when a batch is sold out, a new one will be made, every batch takes around 3 weeks to get done. so there will be enough crowns for everyone who wants to have one.

-titanium crowns are in the planning process. we figure some things out at the moment, update will follow

-2.2mm crowns will be made after this first batch of 2.1mm and 2.0mm

i will receive the first pieces in the next 2-3 days, i will install them on my PAM GMT and 111 and post detailed pics then too of both the 2.1mm and 2.0mm handwind and automatic!

the price will be 49 EUR+shipping registered letter

if someone wants to have it installed on his PAM, i can offer that service. please PM me for details.

here is the how to:

NEW BUYERS:

----------------

i will collect orders now. i start from zero. so anyone who wants DEFINATELY a crown can send me a PM for details. Payment details will follow soon. Please only contact ME because PAMela only handles the upgraders who already bought from his first run. Please give me a day to respond because i am not able to be online every day.

Please PM me with -Movement type and the desired thickness (2.0 or 2.1)

UPGRADERS:

---------------

one info for the buyers of the first edition of PAMela crown: PAMela will give you the possibility to upgrade to the new version. you can upgrade with paying a small amount. if you want to do that, please write PAMela an email with your request and info. Only he has the data of the first batch, therefore he will handle that.

Edited by palpatine

:Jumpy: Wow Tommy! :Jumpy:

Can't wait to look at the examples...

and 2 of the 2.0mm crown (old pics, pls ignore that the crown is 100% to the case since i just put them in without a stem and did not install them)

61335-34596.jpg

61335-34597.jpg

BTW: crown works perfectly even on the GMT: enough space inside the CG when fully pulled out, no grinding on the CG :D

P.S: please give me some time to answer all the PMs! i will come back to all who want one! ^_^

Ouch, I thought I was sure on 2.0mm, now I seem unable to get myself decided... :blink: