When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update: PAM crown project

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...this crowns are really great...maybe it is time to get some info about the service of getting them installed....and 49€ + shipping isn't that much...

i'll have to check it if i can make them on my CNC machine... :g:

If there is going to be an issue it will be with the 2893 as it has three settings off the case (wind, set gmt/date, set time). The 7753 uses the quickset date function on the side of the case so it has only two stops (wind, set time). :)

Nice one kruzer00! 2.1 it is for me!

Thanks for the info amigo!

If there is going to be an issue it will be with the 2893 as it has three settings off the case (wind, set gmt/date, set time). The 7753 uses the quickset date function on the side of the case so it has only two stops (wind, set time). :)

i installed the crowns on a GMT, no problem! its still enough space to teh cg when the crown is pulled out fully in time setting position.... :)

UPDATE:

the crowns will be ready to ship out beginning end of this week. :)

i will contact the buyers within the next day with the payment details (we figure them out at the moment)

Excellent news!

I'm good to go, let me know the payment details and I'll settle up straight away.

UPDATE again :)

i started to pack up everything and the first crowns are on the. i am on a business trip until wedensday, then the next crowns go out!

almost all crowns of this batch are sold, only 2x 2.0mm handwind 6497, and 1x 2.0mm automatic left. so if you want one of the first run, hurry up!

Actually. I made request to PAM via PM last week and never heard anything back as to price to returning customers or Paypal info. I am looking for 2 of each (2.0 and 2.1) for the automatics. I guess I am in the second batch at this point. Let me know when you return. Safe travels. :)

UPGRADERS:

---------------

one info for the buyers of the first edition of PAMela crown: PAMela will give you the possibility to upgrade to the new version. you can upgrade with paying a small amount. if you want to do that, please write PAMela an email with your request and info. Only he has the data of the first batch, therefore he will handle that.

Oldecrow-

I am in the same situation. Don't panic. I heard from Palp today and PAM is busy with non-forum stuff for a few days. :)

I'll need at least one for a PAM028a :bounce:

Thanks Palp, got mine today. They look great, but unfortunetly won't fit my 111h without some modding. The crown top depth is not as deep as the rep, so the latch won't close. The watchmaker made the stem as short as possible, but no dice. He's grinding the level down where the lever meets the crown top.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks Palp, got mine today. They look great, but unfortunetly won't fit my 111h without some modding. The crown top depth is not as deep as the rep, so the latch won't close. The watchmaker made the stem as short as possible, but no dice. He's grinding the level down where the lever meets the crown top.

Anyone else having this problem?

yes this is correct. you have to file down the tip of the lever a bit to make it to close tightly.

that was intended (the back of the crown is not too recessed like on the earlier versions) , otherwise there would be too many mambers who would have had problems to close the lever (see the other thread and review of The Zigmeister). therefore and to make sure that everyone can install these crowns on their PAMs, the back is not too deeply recessed.

i installed many crowns now without a problem, here is a quick guide how i make this:

-just make sure you get the crown close enough to the case, not flush but correct distance, (rep crown is too far away from the case). on the gens, you can seea tiny bit of the crown tube when you look at it from the front. you do this by shortening the stem a tiny bit (do not shorten it too much!) rather make multiple steps and testfits to get the correct length of the stem

-then file down the lever a bit at the tip (round), testfit it with screws of the cg installed and if it still doesnt close, take it off, file again etc etc.... :) its quite easy, only takes some time/steps to adjust it right

then you will have a lever that closes nice and snugly! :Jumpy: