When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So... what's on your radar?

By-Tor

@max: Are you enjoying your ETA Nooby? I loved that watch... but I don't really need a Sub (that's what I keep telling myself). Nooby has the small rehaut shortage, but it's still the best Sub out there (imho). The dial is just amazing.

PS: That particular ETA model with good date font seems to be quite difficult to get now (for whatever reason).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the watches I'm after now, are ones I'll have to customize myself.

My Collection:

Omega:

SMP 2531.80 Project Watch (homage to Navy-Issue Tudor) Non-Functional

SMP 2531.80

SMP 2220.80

SMP 'Electric Blue' Functional Parts Donor

Planet Ocean Big Size 2900.50.91

Planet Ocean Pumpkin 2209.50 Non-Functional

Planet Ocean 2901.50.91 Non-Functional

Speedmaster X-33

Rolex:

Submariner

Daytona

'Skeleton Submariner' (awaiting new dial to become 6200)

GMT Submariner aka 'The Patient'

On My Radar:

Audemars Pigeot:

Royal Oak Jumbo

Omega:

White Aqua Terra as Dial donor for 'White Seamaster' project.

GMT 2234.50.00

Panerai:

1950 (as worn by Orlando Bloom in Elizabethtown)

Radiomir with same dial as 112

Poljot:

Aviator Mechanical

Rolex:

GMT Submariner with contemporary dial (Project watch)

GMT Brown and Gold (as worn by Clint Eastwood in Firefox) (Project watch)

Vostok:

Europe K-3 Submarine

Edited by TeeJay

@max: Are you enjoying your ETA Nooby? I loved that watch... but I don't really need a Sub (that's what I keep telling myself). Nooby has the small rehaut shortage, but it's still the best Sub out there (imho). The dial is just amazing.

PS: That particular ETA model with good date font seems to be quite difficult to get now (for whatever reason).

I love it I havent thanked you properly, and I havent shown it to the community either so here is a quick pic of it

P8110241-1.jpg

Regards

I haven't purchased a watch in a long while. Instead I've been spending what little time I have modding my existing smallish collection. Recently, however, the Mont Blanc Timewalker has been on my radar. I'm currently thinking non-chrono, but that dial Stephane is showing is interesting and might be a candidate for a swap to an ETA 7750. Somehow, though, I think the non-chronograph is a better look on that watch.

Andrew once offered the Timewalker chrono with an ETA 7753 that was a "custom install" at a bit over $800 USD. I doubt it's still available, and I guess at that price it's approaching used gen territory anyhow.

Then, of course, always on my radar is a gen Oris TT1 Titanium Diver Chrono.

:D

mbTimeWalker_800_02.jpg

mbtimewalker_800_07.jpg

Both of these are due out at the end of the year

Zenith Defy

Graham Sworfish

great news indeed...the two of them jumped in my wishlist immediately...there are already on my WL...the UPO, SFSO, MBW PP Nautilus, MBW AP RO Jumbo, the new released CORUM Admiraly Cup, some fantasy reps, and probably in a few hours I'll remember some others and I'll update the list...

EDIT : a PVD PAM, vintage PAM, a nice B&R...

Edited by dadog13

I really want two watches right now, a 177 or 111 and an IWC 3717. The IWC will have to wait a bit as i am DONE with the A7750 movement and I don't feel like laying out the cast for the watch + gen 7750 right now so my next purchase will more likely be one of the PAMs.

The only thing on my radar right now is another GEN to add to my ever growing collection.

This particular GEN is now getting closer and closer as I do have a tracking number.

Cant wait for it to arrive to meet his new existing brothers of the same family.

Thanks to my AD in NZ for pulling a few for me to acquire this one.

post-2217-1189533216_thumb.jpg

Currently I only have an SMP with a PO 42 and Tag Link Chrono on order. I am a bit like a kid in a sweetshop right now so my radar list has a few things on it:

Chronomat Evolution or maybe the Blackbird if it turns out to be any good

Cousteau Diver

Tag Aquaracer

IWC 3717

Noobmariner

Having said that the last few are just ones I like the look of rather than ones I am seriously considering getting, although that might change.

there's a lot of things on my radar still.. ^_^

in no particular order

Tag Aquaracer, some type of PAM, PVD PAM, IWC Costeau Diver orange, Breitling SFSO, that RG PAM Radiomir ?, Green Rolex Sub, HBB Black Magic, etc etc..

REALISTICALLY SPEAKING: None.. not a single watch until maybe Christmas or something..

the problem is and I've held steadfast to this.. I'm not a person to buy buy buy and store the watch in a winder.. I want to enjoy my watches (notice I don't say rep, I don't say gen either.. take a watch for what it is, a watch)..

anyhows.. I'm already in a bad situation..

1 wrist.. and I pretty much wear 2 watches regularly:

-my HBB ROSE GOLD POLISHED CERAMIC "I got my sexy back" BigBang

-UPO for bad weather days

I have 2 more... which I've worn a total of three times.. one of which borders on criminal...

-Montblanc Timewalker (worn twice)

-FM Conquistador Swiss 2892 (yes, this legendary rare piece of a watch.. worn once.. once folks, once)

---no, not for sale.. this FM Conq ain't leaving me -.- not unless it's a really really sweet piece you offering

:X so uhh yea, I want a lot of things.. but what's the point of buying buying buying if I don't get to enjoy them..

when the day begins and I look at my winders... the HBB rules over all so -.- there's the decision on what to wear

Hey Tom... funny story. I feel pretty much the same way.

I always keep telling myself to stop... but I always have some package in transit somewhere. It's crazy.

To my defense I have to say that I've traded a LOT of watches away (watches that never got any wrist time). But now I'm in a crazy situation... I simply CAN'T sell any of them. And I need still a few more.

Hey Tom... funny story. I feel pretty much the same way.

I always keep telling myself to stop... but I always have some package in transit somewhere. It's crazy.

To my defense I have to say that I've traded a LOT of watches away (watches that never got any wrist time). But now I'm in a crazy situation... I simply CAN'T sell any of them. And I need still a few more.

want to trade for a Montblanc Timewalker? ^_^ I'll take that Tag Aquaracer you got ;)

or well.. if you got some watch in a winder, let me know

just no regular watches like a Rolex or Omega :lol:

Nice try Tom... but I will never, ever trade the Aquaracer.

It could be the best looking sports chronograph EVER. You have to buy it man! :)

lol what about the 2nd part of the offer? :p got any watches in a winder you wanna try trading for the MBTW? :p

and yea.. I actually was on the verge of the TAGAR, that's why it was first on my not in order list.. it was the freshest in my mind..

as it stands if I buy it.. it will probably replace my UPO as the bad weather watch.. but that leaves me in the same sitch I'm in right now..

1 wrist.. only 2 get worn, :lol:

actually.. that was an awfully rough month for my CC bill.. think about it..

HBB + MBTW + $350 for the extinct FMConq2892...

I saw my bill and I cringed, then I knew I had a problem.. :lol: :lol: :lol: but once I got my watches the HBB pretty much cured my problem.. everytime I get the urge to buy something new I just look at my winders and know "what for? I'm just gonna wear the HBB anyways"

:p so yea.. how's that for cold turkey to cure an 'addiction'.. odd that the cure came from the problem to begin with

my current collection:

MBW (old case) 16610 LV

chs GMT II

chs EXP II

MBW 1665 GW

Asian YM

Asian black noob

Asian 112h

Scuderia FER00008

ETA UPO

a very special version of EVO (don't have time to take pics yet)

Asian Navitimer with 3-6-9 sub dials

Asian Navitimer with 6-9-12 sub dials

IWC GST Ti

6497 skeleton

ETA Franck Muller Casablanca

ETA DSN 44mm base dial (changing the dial to make it a 112h and redoing the AR)

getting

B&R 093 - always love B&R but didn't want one without date. The right one came.

DSN 176h

MBW 1680 white

ETA SFSO

-bk

While I like the new Zeniths a lot... I still think the classic El Primero Flyback series is still their best (design wise). Very conservative, yes, but the "Rainbow" Flyback does it for me. Doubt we'll ever see a rep though.

B122_Zenith_rainbow_4.JPG

I actually own the gen. Best $2K I ever spent on a watch. There is a rep out there, but with day/date wheels instead of actual chrono subdials. Looks hideous.