When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Keyhole Mod "Stealth" PVD 111 on custom "allbut6" strap

Keyhole

My girlfriend mentioned she wanted a Panerai so I surprised her with a PVD 111. She was thrilled :)

Unfortunately, as her wrist is under 6", the rubber strap I originally put on was very uncomfortable even with the extra hole punch. Luckily my good friend, he goes by allbut6 here on the board, has started making custom straps and offered to make a custom "shorty" strap for her. In keeping with the PVD theme he picked out a nice black leather. He also did some great stitch work on the strap as well.

On top of the custom strap I also performed the works on it as well. It got a 111 sandwich dial, full relume with Noctilumina, cannon pin fix, and of course I tightened up the crown guard lever.

Here a few shots of my latest work.

PVD_111_01.jpg

PVD_111_02.jpg

PVD_111_03.jpg

PVD_111_04.jpg

PVD_111_05.jpg

PVD_111_06.jpg

And here are a few shots of the watch on her wrist. For reference she has a 5 7/8" wrist. Very tiny...

P1090610.jpg

P1090616.jpg

Any and all comments appreciated!

Edited by Keyhole

Thanks again for all of the compliments. And thanks for noticing my photography TWP! :)

I agree the strap definitely gives it a dark look...hence the "stealth" ;) She likes it and that's all that really matters. She wears it like a piece of jewelery more than a watch. I will have to score another strap for her, perhaps in a more exotic color. The red does sound like a good idea.