When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black or Brown leather for the 3717?

dangerman

I'm thinking about a HK Tan Pilot Strap for my 3717.

All ways thought that black was the only way to go and the members pictures confirmed this. Then I saw Pugs photos and it's really opened my mind. Brown seems to work very well indeed.

Yeah I know I should "get both", but I just can't justify two of these right now.

Looking forward your suggestions.

I have a HKTan antique brown buffalo strap and soon, a black HKTan gator. I have yet to compare black against brown in person but one may be for sale in the near future.

vly.. are you in the USA.. and if you are have you ordered reptile straps from HK yet... and lastly have you had any customs problems ... no cites certificate..

thanks ... lani

I really like the black better. If you go brown definetely the dark brown gator. The lighter brown PAM style straps don't do a thing for me on this watch. I guess if you want to wear it like a sports watch with jeans and shorts all the time those bands are fine. I have lots of watches for that and I like this one kicked up a notch as far as dressier looking. Not many chrono's look good dressed up with leather.

Of course you can always have one of each.

Black for a more professional look.

Brown for the casual 'sport' look.

SS ALL the time.

For the 3717, I personally prefer the SS.

Without a doubt one of the most buttery feeling and comfortable bracelets I own.

Especially nice on the heavier chrono like the 3717.

Whichever you choose you can hardly go wrong, because it is such a nice watch.