When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging the Interest On Group Buy

TWP

It appears to be a toss up between the tag aquaracer and the cousteau diver.

make it so TWP and I'm pretty sure people will jump in for either

but it always comes down to price, people want to buy it cheap

so i think the Tag AquaRacer will have a better response considering it's already $100 less than the CD... I hear the CD is $400? (i dunno folks i don't research that watch) but the TAGAR is $288?

something, i dunno but bottom line is people want to buy cheap stuff so yea, already the TAGAR i can tell would have a better response than the CD

^_^ and I'm in

I am leary to get a group buy going on a watch that has not yet come out, preorders only, i have one model in my hand, and there may be issues. A lot of times issues with the watches do not start to circulate until the watch has been out at least one month.

But I will consider it.

TWP, how about some wrist shots or a quick comparison with Cousteau chrono?

We're all very curious now. stordita.gif

I beleive I need to ask a question here.

In the past , group buys have been the reserve of members, who negotiate a price with a dealer , for a given quantity, and discount, and then put the offer to the members.

In this instance , we are looking more at a situation, where a dealer is getting great market intelligence (nothing wrong with that) and then arranging to offer a price, based on potential quantities.( and popular product)

This subject has been discussed in admin, we have no rules in place for it, and really just want to get a feeling from the member group, as to how this sits with them.

Obviously the watches don't yet exist "in stock", so the dealer is literally saying, "Tell me what you want, make a commitment, and I will tell you how much you can have it for!"

As I see it, at this time there is no offer, as there is no price... you could be offered 90% discount, but until a price is known.. it becomes 90% of nothing.

This is not to denigrate this approach, merely to question it.

So what say the member group? Should dealers offer group buys? or should this be something reserved for keen members to arrange?

Offshore

"In another life I work in a senior purchasing role"

Offshore with all due respect you are making some valid points here. First, the market intelligence. Get 20-30 people interested and you have guaranteed sells. This is not my intent nor the nature of the post. To be frank on the watches that people are interested in I would be lucky if i offerred them at a great price to cover the cost of one or two of these in the event of custom problems. I am doing this more as a way to contribute to the forum. Believe me coordinating a group buy is more work for me and less money than selling seven modded pams. Second, the offer is for the old version and the new version of the cousteau diver. The price of the newer version is going to be higher, naturally, then the old version.

I will leave this now up to the members of the forum. This is not the first nor the last group buy. If anybody is interested please contact me for the prices of the group buy 06' and 07' cousteau. Email me at TWP.RWG@gmail.com

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

@TWP,

Not a problem.As you see there is little .. to no feedback, so essentially the members are happy with it.

If so... we are to... just have to keep a weather eye out.... as they say :D

Offshore

I think other dealers have done group buys in the past - Sash (ferrari chrono); TTK (MBWs); Angus (original release of the first HBB), I'm sure there may be others.

@Chronus,

I'm sure you are probably correct there.

This was raised to us as a question in Admin, and seeing as we had no rules covering it, we sought the reaction of the membership.

When no negative feedback came, as I said, if the members are happy, then the admin team becomes almost ecstatic :clap2: Just doin' our job :rolleyes:

Offshore

I think this is a great thing for the forum. A group buy is 'comfortable'. I have no interest in an Aquaracer so i wont be part of this group buy, but i just wanted to say i think this is a good idea.

Congrats on your newly aquired dealer status TWP

Lonnie

@Chronus,

I'm sure you are probably correct there.

This was raised to us as a question in Admin, and seeing as we had no rules covering it, we sought the reaction of the membership.

When no negative feedback came, as I said, if the members are happy, then the admin team becomes almost ecstatic :clap2: Just doin' our job :rolleyes:

Offshore

I think group buys are fine. It can be arranged by members too.

This particular one will give early adopters a chance to make a little saving, something they rarely get to do.

And good job :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think this is a great thing for the forum. A group buy is 'comfortable'. I have no interest in an Aquaracer so i wont be part of this group buy, but i just wanted to say i think this is a good idea.

Congrats on your newly aquired dealer status TWP

Lonnie

Thank you very much. I have worked very hard and the road has been bumpy at times but I am committed to my customers.

Appreciate it. RWG is a wonderful place. I am soooo glad to be here.

I vote for a group buy on the most blinged out gold watch you can find. I know there are people here that love the bling but won't admit it in public. The buy will be anonymous so you wont have to worry......

am I too late? :lol:

There is never anything in these buys that I want so I won't even make a suggestion. Good luck all.

Okay

Here are the details and what i have decided due to members posts. The models offered will be the 2006 cousteau and the 2007 cousteau. However I will only offer the 2007 until i get more stocks in my hand. I only received one demo model and have yet to see more of these in circulation.

Prices are going to be dictated by how many people. Price for the cousteau old version looks to be around $350 shipped but excluding paypal fees for members in the United States. This price is for about twenty people. Price for 2007 version looks to be around $370 for new version shipped but -excluding pp fees. So in average people will save about $60 -$70 dollars due to regular prices on these watchs, no western union fees, and then no $30 dollar shipping fees.

I am currently looking for an EU member (moderator) would be nice that would be willing to take shipment of 2-3 watches at a time to keep shipping cost down for our European customers.

I am going to repost another thread once i get the final calculations and see the response that people give according to these prices.

The 2006 version are finally looking good and i think they spent more time on the 2007 version correcting the probelms from the 2006 version

Please give me your input

If anybody is willing to help in the EU please send me and email at TWP.RWG@gmail.com. That is help with the distrubution of these watches.

I myself thought about Mr. Pugwash...hint..hint..

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP