When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What next?.........or are there any good $220-$240 reps out there anymore?

DET11

Ok......so I'm looking to buy a rep in the 200-250 range.....dress.....not too sporty......but one that people will have a bit of 'wow" factor when seeing it on the wrist.....want swiss....but......will settle for the new 7750 if its the only option on said watch....I've mostly went Omega in the past, but want to try something new this time....so, what'dya think gang?

Ok......so I'm looking to buy a rep in the 200-250 range.....dress.....not too sporty......but one that people will have a bit of 'wow" factor when seeing it on the wrist.....want swiss....but......will settle for the new 7750 if its the only option on said watch....I've mostly went Omega in the past, but want to try something new this time....so, what'dya think gang?

You're bound to get loads of Panerai suggestions, so let me get the 183 out of the way right now. :D

Other than that, you've got Datejusts and loads of other ETA-powered non-chronos. What's your taste run to?

You're bound to get loads of Panerai suggestions, so let me get the 183 out of the way right now. :D

Other than that, you've got Datejusts and loads of other ETA-powered non-chronos. What's your taste run to?

I guess you could say I'm NOT a fan of full gold or diamonds....I tend to like intricate designs (dials with texture) and ......classic lines........other than that, I'm open to just about anything.

This is shameless self-promotion, but since I don't sell any watches I guess it's ok. :DMy review section is full of writeups and pictures of the reps between $100 and $250. Some of them are very good.

Black Explorer II with correct hand stack is a fantastic rep in the $200 range, for example. I'm not sure if it has the "wow" factor you want though.

Silix have the VC Overseas which may be at your upper limit (not sure of the current price on that) or failing that they are doing the Cartier Santos 100 for around $130 plus shipping (and ETA movement!).

Those 2 may have the wow factor... depends on your taste I guess.

My personal favourite for wow factor may be the AP ROO but that's way too much for this thread :(

Yes, the Santos is a classic watch, and the new version has a much better case than the old version. The Silix price cannot be beat. Just make sure to have him check the crown - on mine it was kind of jammed and I'm sending it back for a replacement. Dial is not 100% accurate to the gen as it is guilloched, but it actually has more presence with this dial. As an accuracy freak, I'll probably end up replacing the dial with a flat tyle one, but overall it's still a great watch out of the box. Also, the strap on the new Santos is a lot better than the ones 6 months ago. It's "real" leather now, and even though it's a bit too matte and dried out looking out of the box, a touch of mink oil gets you very close to the gen look and feel.