When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

That Eureka Moment

Victoria

Signs I am still a newbie:

Until now, I wasn't interested in my watches keeping accurate time. I just wanted them to look good. :)

But as I become more and more detail-oriented, I want them to be accurate MECHANISMS, as well. So far, having used a COSC guide I found, I have timed my DSN Fiddy, and it loses less than 5 seconds per day! I'd call that pretty good.

Also, I upped my nightly wind from 30 winds, to 60 winds, and the power reserve on the Fiddy is 48 hours and counting. Awesome.

How is that versus yours?

I've been into watches for years now and consider myself a movement first person...the dial, hands, everything else comes in second. And I've never really cared about the time as long as it is within some reasonable range, say a 30-60 seconds a day. However, the thing about this hobby is that every so often something changes and becomes a new obsession. Who knows,,,perhaps timing is sometime in my future.

its funny when you wind all your watches fully and set the same exact time at the same moment and you leave them for a full 24hr time :) Ill bet all of them will show different time :p

The best of mine is my 113 which gains about 2/3mins per day :) I love it, Im always on time :D

you can adjust mostly 6497 movements to 0-5 sec per day... i have some they working +1 sec in 72hours :p

but it will working different on different wearer

COSC is a different thing... this movements will work on ALL wearer in range of 0-3sec... and it will keep 0-8sec in all positions.

Anything within a couple of minutes per day is good enough for me. Nothing in my life is so time sensitive that being off a couple of minutes matters at all. I do have a dress Santos Dumont rep that is quartz and it is my most accurate rep. The rest vary from a few seconds to a few minutes per day. Cheers

Guest carlsbadrolex

My 188 is accurate to +4 seconds per 24hours with no adjustment past how it was received. I have a UPO that I bought from Flav that is -1 second per 24 without further adjustment. And some days, it gains the second back.

I have always been amazed at how accurate some of the reps can be.

My 188 is accurate to +4 seconds per 24hours with no adjustment past how it was received. I have a UPO that I bought from Flav that is -1 second per 24 without further adjustment. And some days, it gains the second back.

I have always been amazed at how accurate some of the reps can be.

Agreed...

My 188 is the same after 2 years...

One of my favorite pieces...

TT

I'm a lazy collector. Until today, I still have not tested my watches to how accurate they are or how much power reserve.

I don't care much about the time reserves since most of the time I wear the same watch for more than a few days. Approx. 3 watches a week. So that means whenever I change to wearing a different watch, I'm always restarting the watch with a few manual wind and set the time according to my phone or the laptop (which are synchronized).

If it's a manual wind, I'd be winding twice everyday so no issue. If it's automatic, I haven't faced any problem with any rep except the Ingy Chrono.

So I should count myself lucky that most of the reps I own, even the A7750 in the GSTs, are still in great condition.