When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pisssed off with the price of new reps!

ajoesmith

Incidentally, it would be interesting to see how many of our current members were guided here by some of the dedicated RWG1 members, after learning the 'ABCs' of rep watch collecting....

If they possess either the balls or the courage to admit it, of course.

It would also be interesting to know how many people lost money through either the RWG watch fiasco or the password sniffer that stole a few peoples' Paypal details. RWG1 died when Blade left and doomed it to an unmanaged security liability.

fyi, I, for one, came here via TRC, not RWG1. ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also be interesting to know how many people lost money through either the RWG watch fiasco or the password sniffer that stole a few peoples' Paypal details. RWG1 died when Blade left and doomed it to an unmanaged security liability.

fyi, I, for one, came here via TRC, not RWG1. ;)

Hell, if you want to count beans, then let's get it on.

Money lost on the RWG1 watch fiasco versus all the money lost through the various scammers and amateur watchsmithies here.

We'll add it all up right down to the very penny, and whoever is right gets to stay here, while the loser gets exiled to RWG1.

Or something like that.

Yawn.

Money lost on the RWG1 watch fiasco versus all the money lost through the various scammers and amateur watchsmithies here.

Scams that take place here are not taking place here because of the forum. Losses on RWG1 were directly caused by the forum and its management or lack thereof.

This isn't a pissing match, by the way.

Pug, George Washington used to own slaves; Prince Charles jerked off to pictures of Camilia Horseface; certain members of this very forum have killed people for both good and bad reasons. I myself have repeatedly refused to purchase Girl Scout Cookies.

Time passes, situations change, everything moves on. RWG1 is neither run nor resembles the way it was two years ago.

At present, it fulfills a specific function. It is not perfect, but for some people, neither is RWG2. Certain members on both forums are sincerely trying to do their best and are worthy of our respect.

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm realistic enough to know that an attitude of peace and love and can't we all just get along ranges from naive to stupid to impossible. On the other hand, my hackles go up when I see people repeating the same old toothless saws, as if repeating them somehow validates realities which are no longer real.

But yes, johnnyboy is still there, posting his phucked-up half-page bandwidth-eating god-only-knows-where-he-finds-them photos. And just as regularly, ol' TTK checks in just to let dems, clive and anyone else who's listening know what idiots they are just for being there, in the event that they've been too busy actually helping noobies to have remembered his last insulting message.

(Parenthetically, I wonder when The Zigmeister - who recently spoke of his friendship with jf - is going to figure out that jean-francois the erstwhile Canadian tennis ace, RWG1 moderator and financial benefactor, is the very same johnnyboy/jf that several of Zig's other forum pals have been busy ridiculizing for years... :lol:

Ships of fools, imperfect beings seeking perfection in fake watches, slinging mud at each other like bottom-feeders in some minor circle of hell as they open and re-open half-forgotten wounds which have little to do with anything anymore, again, again, and again...

Welcome to the Bleedin' Overlook Hotel, where nothing is ever forgotten, pardoned or even understood, forever, and ever, and ever...

shining20twinswh2.png

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

- Friedrich Nietzsche